2014+ GX460 Lifted? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone lifted the facelifted GX460s yet?

Im curious what kind of wheels/tires can be ran and who makes a kit (or whether an existing kit can be adapted).

Wife has a 2016 model and I'm in the daydreaming/future planning stage.

I have a 2014 GX 460 and am running OME BP-51s and coils with SPC UCAs. Ended up with about 3" of lift. Am running stock wheels and 275/65 18 BFG KO2s (about 32" tire). My GX isn't the luxury version so it had the factory coil spring suspension (vs adjustable ride height). Thus, the installation was pretty straightforward. The overall suspension setup on the GX is same as 4Runner/FJC/Prado so there are quite a few set ups that can work. There are several folks who have lifted a Gen 2 GX on here that can give you more ideas.

I have a 2014 GX 460 and am running OME BP-51s and coils with SPC UCAs. Ended up with about 3" of lift. Am running stock wheels and 275/65 18 BFG KO2s (about 32" tire). My GX isn't the luxury version so it had the factory coil spring suspension (vs adjustable ride height). Thus, the installation was pretty straightforward. The overall suspension setup on the GX is same as 4Runner/FJC/Prado so there are quite a few set ups that can work. There are several folks who have lifted a Gen 2 GX on here that can give you more ideas.

Awesome!!! How does it ride compred to stock? Would love to see some pics if you dont mind! We also have the factory coil setup

Sorry for the slow reply. I think the ride is pretty comparable to stock. My sense is bigger difference noticed in switching to E rated KO2s vs the suspension.

image.jpeg

I was really pleased with how the GX performed. Did both Fins and Dome Plateau. These aren't the toughest trails there by any stretch but were a good experience for a less experienced wheeler like myself. Would definitely recommend heading out there if you haven't been.

Traction and articulation were both really good (the slick rock is like driving on sandpaper). Low range, ATRAC and intermittent use of the center locker easily handled the trails.

The limiting factors are what you'd expect. I did scrape the bottoms of the side steps although not really that noticeable unless looking underneath the vehicle. The more fundamental issues were the approach and departure angles on quick transitions like on Fins. Rubbed bottom of the front a couple of times and had a scrape on rear was well. Nothing catastrophic by any stretch. Would chalk some of this up to user error but feel that with hiking up this thing's plastic skirts you could have a pretty capable rig.

Going forward I'm looking to bolster the armor a bit. RCI was able to fit a full set of their aluminum skids (great fit and finish and Josh was great in helping me get something that works!). Also looks like sliders that fit a trail 4Runner (i.e, with KDSS) should fit but I'm working through Prado rocker panel options (similar to TRD83) before adding these.

You could simply remove the steps but they are integrated with the body and the doors so wanted a cleaner solution than just removal.

I just ordered the same kit but i would like to lift no more then 2" front and rear. I wonder if you can share what spring did you installed in the back ? medium, heavy ?? and if you did any adjustment to the coils in the front at all ??
I know that i can adjust the front for less lift but i dont want to end up with too much of a rake front to rear.

Thank you.

Wow, been awhile since this was posted. I'm finally ready to get suspension. Where did you guys purchase it from? Has it been holding up well? Was it ordered for the FJ/4runner? Thanks!

I ordered from and installed by Overland in PA. Is the same kit as for FJ and Prado. They claim is specially valved for these trucks. I am happy with the way they perform except the clunk on cold (below 40 ). ARB claims that is working on this They been doing this for the last six months. If they don't find a cure before the winter I will have to go with the new Bilsteins 8112. Good luck.

I ordered from and installed by Overland in PA. Is the same kit as for FJ and Prado. They claim is specially valved for these trucks. I am happy with the way they perform except the clunk on cold (below 40 ). ARB claims that is working on this They been doing this for the last six months. If they don't find a cure before the winter I will have to go with the new Bilsteins 8112. Good luck.

Thanks so much for the input. Are you running the OME BP51 with the reservoirs? How often do you guys with the lifts off road? I usually go about every other month, but would probably go monthly with a nice lift/tire combo.

I was reading more about the OME BP51 and it seems like the clunking you are hearing could possibly just be the bypass valve on the remote reservoir opening and closing.

Based on what i read so far, is more likely related to the oil weight. But who knows ??. ARB said that they are working on finding a cure but they run out of cold weather. Perhaps they don't have a shop in the southern hemisphere where is freezing now.

Based on what i read so far, is more likely related to the oil weight. But who knows ??. ARB said that they are working on finding a cure but they run out of cold weather. Perhaps they don't have a shop in the southern hemisphere where is freezing now.

Oh man, bummed to hear that. I'll hold out on ordering it. Is this on all 4 corners you are hearing the noise or just the front?

Just the front.
Don't let this discourage you. The benefit with the BP 51 is that you can adjust the compression and rebound. If this is not a must then there are few reliable options there.

Just the front.
Don't let this discourage you. The benefit with the BP 51 is that you can adjust the compression and rebound. If this is not a must then there are few reliable options there.

No, I don't care to mess with adjusting the suspension. I rather have something that performs well on and off road and don't have to mess with it. But something tells me good suspension in that price range will all be adjustable.

Looks like you live south and maybe you won't have the same problem with the cold weather. As of me, I am looking to replace them with Tundra Pro. I got to drive a Tundra Pro from a guy at work. All I can say is WOOooW. Same portion of road , at same speed drove my truck and his truck. Where my truck is trying to rearrange my spine shape ,, his truck feels like a sofa. Now, between Toyota, Bilstein and Eibach , they made the best setup for this truck. I drive a Tundra ,Rock Warrior, as a daily driver. I hope I can make it work.
I am really disappointed on ARB performance in cold weather.

Sorry for the slow reply. I think the ride is pretty comparable to stock. My sense is bigger difference noticed in switching to E rated KO2s vs the suspension.

View attachment 1311751
What year is your GX 460? Is it a 2014 plus?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom