2014+ GX460 Lifted? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just the front.
Don't let this discourage you. The benefit with the BP 51 is that you can adjust the compression and rebound. If this is not a must then there are few reliable options there.

Thanks for sharing your experience!

I like the remote reservoir OME BP 51 option too. And like you, I don't wish to raise ride height any more than 2". I want to improve ride quality, aesthetics, and if it happens to add some capability - well that's just icing on the cake!

I also live in a cold environment though and wish to avoid the clunking you've experienced.

I appreciate the level of sophistication the BP 31 option brings but also won't be using the adjustable features. Is there a mall-crawler/very light & rare off road setting you suggest for the set up? I'm very unfamiliar with all things 4WD/off road, please pardon my ignorance!

I have a '17 Tundra Off-Road but eventually would like to add the TRD Pro suspension as well. I have 18x9 FN BFD wheels with 305/65 KO2 tires, totally transformed the look, my first truck, and kinda sent me down this Toyota/off road path. Thinking about a GX for my wife or to replace the Tundra with.

Thanks for sharing your experience!

I like the remote reservoir OME BP 51 option too. And like you, I don't wish to raise ride height any more than 2". I want to improve ride quality, aesthetics, and if it happens to add some capability - well that's just icing on the cake!

I also live in a cold environment though and wish to avoid the clunking you've experienced.

I appreciate the level of sophistication the BP 31 option brings but also won't be using the adjustable features. Is there a mall-crawler/very light & rare off road setting you suggest for the set up? I'm very unfamiliar with all things 4WD/off road, please pardon my ignorance!

I have a '17 Tundra Off-Road but eventually would like to add the TRD Pro suspension as well. I have 18x9 FN BFD wheels with 305/65 KO2 tires, totally transformed the look, my first truck, and kinda sent me down this Toyota/off road path. Thinking about a GX for my wife or to replace the Tundra with.

I am like 90% of the people here. Using my GX every weekend to go out of town with family. 300 miles round trip. Not much off road beside some gravel road and snow in the winter. All I can tell is that going from BP to Kings was day and night difference. Smooth and quiet.
Funny you are talking about the Tundra. I have a single cab that I raise with a Dobinsons kit and is braking my back. I just ordered a Pro kit from Olathe Toyota and I will update on this after. I test drove a PRO few years back and I was very impressed with how smooth was. I was looking to install it on the GX but no luck.
Here is my Tundra
IMG_0679.JPG

Based on what i read so far, is more likely related to the oil weight. But who knows ??. ARB said that they are working on finding a cure but they run out of cold weather. Perhaps they don't have a shop in the southern hemisphere where is freezing now.
Anyone know if ARB has fixed the cold weather noise issue on the BP-51s?

Few guys on the 200 forum have better luck with the last set they installed. Was it fixed ??, or maybe ARB kept sending new sets till they got lucky ?? Only ARB knows that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom