2013 Fj Summit (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Dates were released today. July 17-22 is the event. Lets try for 55 members at the event.

Had reservations for last year but things change, I will attempt to make it this year.

Anyone ever looked into shipping the trucks via train? Then flying up? Spend less time on the road there and more time having fun.
Maybe not necessarily for summit, maybe our own little expedition.

i plan on going every year. but i never do because it's a 2 day drive and too expensive. i really want to go though.

Gas alone for the trip is pretty pricey.

Had reservations for last year but things change, I will attempt to make it this year.

Anyone ever looked into shipping the trucks via train? Then flying up? Spend less time on the road there and more time having fun.
Maybe not necessarily for summit, maybe our own little expedition.

What's a freight for that cost?!

Don't know, but I've heard of guys doing it with their cars. There is an IS tuner in Maryland that also does installs and tunes. People will ship their cars via train to them for the work, then have it shipped back. Never looked into myself but it could be an option.

I wanna bring the 80 to this event. Here's what we can do. We can charter an 18 wheeler to deliver the vehicles to Colorado, fly up and meet them, do summit , then hit Moab. Ship the trucks back , catch a flight home.

I wanna bring the 80 to this event. Here's what we can do. We can charter an 18 wheeler to deliver the vehicles to Colorado, fly up and meet them, do summit , then hit Moab. Ship the trucks back , catch a flight home.

I'd ride with the wheeler.

Alright boss man. Pull your strings and get a cost and then we will talk

Kevin/Will where did y'all stay?

I had reservations at the Box canyon Lodge, thinking about there.

Kevin stayed at the hotel which hosted the Summit. I forget the name. I camped in NFS site just outside town called Amphitheatre. NO amenities. Stinking pit toilet only. Fortunately, there are hot springs in Ouray and they have a huge swimming pool facility that's open to the public. Showered/shaved there. You've heard of places with no hot water - they didn't have any cold! :lol:

All I can say is, if you can make it there - by railway, plane, FJ, or whatever - go! The wheeling isn't that difficult (actually not hard at all), but it's just beautiful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom