2012 Pig Roast. April 21st (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Miranda and I got back home about 12:30 this afternoon and we had an AWESOME time! Friday night was great with the small crew watching Top Gear episodes and Blazing Saddles around the campfire. Saturday at Durhamtown was great and the Franken80 performed really well. The actually Pig Roast was as good as always, thanks to Dave and Olga organizing everything. It was very nice to see some old and new faces at the Pig Roast and out on the trail...

Here are some pictures of the Franken80...

crawling2.jpg

crawling3ted.jpg

crawling1.jpg

I wish to repeat what's already been said and add to it.

Ryan and I had the greatest time. The hospitality shown by everyone not only on the trails but to Dave and Olga went far beyond a good time.

Met alot of great new people that I have no doubt will be familiar faces for years to come.

I have pics and videos of your rigs and shenanigans. I will ge them published up and shareable early this week.

See ya soon !!

We had a great time meeting all of you guys and I was glad that I was able to bring the whole family. I'm sure we will be coming to more events as we can and hopefully I'll have the mini out on the trails breaking stuff with you next time!!

Many THANKS to Dave and Olga--

small crowd this year and well behaved! It was great to have a couple new faces out there, thanks Klarktx and Lowe Toyota for coming out!!!! For those who did not make it--your loss. :confused:

Durhamtown was surprisingly dry and made for very pleasant wheeling, that is until I talked everyone into the muddy side. N&M probably aren't too happy with me right now- :D sorry guys!

I thought the videos were cool, now taking requests for GSMTR

The rain Saturday night-- only frigging rain cell in Ga and it hit on us all Sat night after going to bed, hearing it on the tent made for easy sleeping though.

what few pics I took--
IMG_2049.jpg
IMG_2052.jpg
IMG_2063.jpg

The Franken80 did very well. Mine--well not so much, Josh--apparently we suck at setting up gears.

IMG_2049.jpg

IMG_2052.jpg

IMG_2063.jpg

Last edited:
Let me know if was the setup. I helped also and if i screwed some thing up i will help make it right.

What was the carnage report? I heard your rear end and Nick's front locker?

My front locker might not be toast...I think it was only slightly engaged and then it popped out...I am going to test it out tonight when I get home...I am thinking of going with an auto locker up front though, easier to deal with...

All the pictures I post are WITHOUT the front locker anyways...

I suspect the pig got the worst of it this weekend, the BBQ was outstanding!!

The real carnage frankly is the death of the CCC - just not quite the same, time to pack your crap and get back. Your dad and Nick hung in there as long as they could but it was fairly early to bed for us all considering our history. Aside from that there was my rear end, don't know exactly but the gears have been whining pretty good of late. It was bad enough that i was gonna pull the diff and take it to ACC but obviously never got the chance. Then Nick's locker and beyond that there was only a minor little bump to Clarke's rear bumper, silly plastic bumpers.

the good news was Daniel's midnight install of his locker apparently worked.

Last edited:
The real carnage frankly is the death of the CCC - just not quite the same, time to pack your crap and get back. Your dad and Nick hung in there as long as they could but it was fairly early to bed for us all considering our history. Aside from that there was my rear end, don't know exactly but the gears have been whining pretty good of late. It was bad enough that i was gonna pull the diff and take it to ACC but obviously never got the chance.

Disappointing no one wanted to stay up for the campfire closing committee. It was always great in the past but I don't think I am packing up and moving back just yet. If I don't get my truck out here soon I may go crazy from boredom and not being able to work on my truck.

Sucks about the gears how many rides did you have on them? Only Windrock and Morris Mountain?

Disappointing no one wanted to stay up for the campfire closing committee. It was always great in the past but I don't think I am packing up and moving back just yet. If I don't get my truck out here soon I may go crazy from boredom and not being able to work on my truck.

Sucks about the gears how many rides did you have on them? Only Windrock and Morris Mountain?

always have a good time, hard to go wrong with our crowd but was in bed around 12:30. thems are pedestrian hours!

probably had 3 rides on the gears, just tells me we didn't get it right to begin with. Oh well, just hope I can get it fixed before GSMTR

Ted, don't know if you've considered this, but maybe leave that whole 3rd alone as a spare and build a fresh one to run. Be reeeeal nice to have a fully set up 3rd to swap in vice trying to tear down and set up gears and lockers to finish up a trip.

And about the whole 12:30 bedtime: Isn't that when we're scheduled to start our night rides every night at GSMTR? :D

I thought we were around the campfire till 2 the first night?

Where are all the pictures from the trails?

Ted, don't know if you've considered this, but maybe leave that whole 3rd alone as a spare and build a fresh one to run. Be reeeeal nice to have a fully set up 3rd to swap in vice trying to tear down and set up gears and lockers to finish up a trip.

And about the whole 12:30 bedtime: Isn't that when we're scheduled to start our night rides every night at GSMTR? :D

Yeah I'm hunting for numerous options, I've got a little time but not much to make something happen. 12:30 sounds about right for night riding, can't wait but we're gonna be a man down, guess we have to find Andy this time

I thought we were around the campfire till 2 the first night?

Where are all the pictures from the trails?

I guess you're right on Friday night, I must be getting old.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm hunting for numerous options, I've got a little time but not much to make something happen. 12:30 sounds about right for night riding, can't wait but we're gonna be a man down, guess we have to find Andy this time

I guess you're right on Friday night, I must be getting old.

We just pulled my front diff and put in a high-pinion 80 with an aussie. It's just sitting right now. If you need something for GSMTR I'm sure we could work something out.

We just pulled my front diff and put in a high-pinion 80 with an aussie. It's just sitting right now. If you need something for GSMTR I'm sure we could work something out.

appreciate it. I don't know for sure until i tear it apart but I'm assuming 5.29 R&P is what I'm gonna need. Preferably V6 gears but I have a spare 4cyl 4.30 diff sitting in the garage and would settle for 4cyl 5.29 gears for that if necessary.

I'm not doing the gears myself this time, Michael will be gettin' a call.

appreciate it. I don't know for sure until i tear it apart but I'm assuming 5.29 R&P is what I'm gonna need. Preferably V6 gears but I have a spare 4cyl 4.30 diff sitting in the garage and would settle for 4cyl 5.29 gears for that if necessary.

I'm not doing the gears myself this time, Michael will be gettin' a call.

You better call him soon. I was just up there yesterday and their schedule is filling up fast.

Ted, I know you'll probably get something done BUT, if you get desperate, let me know ASAP and I can probably pull the 5.29 3rd out of 'ol rusty in the back yard and bring it. I know you'd never live down borrowing a part off that truck with how much you've crap you've talked about it over the years, but I've got lots of miles and wheeling on the axles and no issues.

Ted, I know you'll probably get something done BUT, if you get desperate, let me know ASAP and I can probably pull the 5.29 3rd out of 'ol rusty in the back yard and bring it. I know you'd never live down borrowing a part off that truck with how much you've crap you've talked about it over the years, but I've got lots of miles and wheeling on the axles and no issues.

hell, pull that thing and I'll just buy it from ya, rust and all.

edit...wait, I just remembered my locker is a V6 locker, wont fit a 4cyl diff... dammit. short of finding an open v6 5.29 diff already setup (yeah right) my options are very few--buy new gears and have em done right.

12:30 sounds about right for night riding, can't wait but we're gonna be a man down, guess we have to find Andy this time

Better find me at 12:15 so you have enough time to ditch me and not be late :flipoff2:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom