2012 Pig Roast. April 21st (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It is time for the Ga Cruisers Pig roast at Dave and Olga's farm. You can come out and camp starting on Friday the roast will be Saturday afternoon. There will be wheeling at Durham Town Saturday before the fest. So bring the family out on the weekend of the 21st of April.
Cost: Pre-Registration (Kids 15 and younger EAT FREE)
$10 per person for the Pig Roast . Please bring a covered dish and your own beverages. We're looking for side dishes and desserts.

Dave & Olga Larson
399 Clark Station Church Rd.
Rayle, Georgia 30668

Caution on using GPS, From Athens: it will route you via Duck Pond Rd., DO NOT TAKE DUCK POND RD!!!!!! Stay on Hwy 78 all the way to Rayle, Ga., consult the Google map below.
Pig Roast Map - Google Maps

FOR THOSE WHEELING SATURDAY AT DURHAMTOWN:

Meet at Durhamtown at 10:00

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I WAS planning on doing everything I could to make this, but that's going to be 2 days after I have ACL reconstruction so...... I'm guessing it's not going to happen for me. I hope to be mobile enough in time to still have fun at GSMTR.

I'm actually off that weekend. I might see if the wifey wants to bring the little :princess: out. It's a pretty long drive for us though.

Miranda and I will be there from Friday night till Sunday...

This has potential to be the initial shake down run for the Franken80 (hope not too much falls off :steer:)

Nick, make sure you test the cage welds and gussets real well.... (Just make sure you let Miranda out before doing so) :D

I'm actually off that weekend. I might see if the wifey wants to bring the little :princess: out. It's a pretty long drive for us though.

This has become a really fun event. During the day the wives talk about what idiots we are and at night we prove them right. Camping, wheeling, and some really great food makes for a fun time and besides this is as close to you as it gets since River Rocks closure.

This has become a really fun event. During the day the wives talk about what idiots we are and at night we prove them right. Camping, wheeling, and some really great food makes for a fun time and besides this is as close to you as it gets since River Rocks closure.

Yeah I was looking at where it is. It's def a lot closer than GMP. I'm going to try to convince the wifey to make the trip. It's just tough with the new baby. If not, GSMTR is a definite, and I'm going to try my best to get out to a meet sometime this summer.

Another event that I've never been able to attend. I'll see if I can get the wife to agree to it.

Looks like we're in. Is this at someone's house or what? We are going to have a small baby so the wifey will need somewhere to feed her and lay her down for a bit if necessary...

Looks like we're in. Is this at someone's house or what? We are going to have a small baby so the wifey will need somewhere to feed her and lay her down for a bit if necessary...

excellent.

It's at Dave's "farm" and while not technically a farm that's what he calls it that for lack of a better description. In reality, it's a newish single story +/-1200 square foot house with decks front and rear on 50 acres with a front lawn large enough for about 20 tents.

Out of respect to him and his property we typically try not to tred into the house too much especially to use the bathrooms as they are on a septic system, for that we will have 2 CLEAN portable toilets.

--that is assuming Dennis has ordered them!

All that said, Dave and Olga are salt of the earth people and make their doors open to anyone and everyone. Given your newborn I am positive they will have no problem accommodating your wife's needs. congrats by the way!

the "night crowd" pic from 2 years ago
Pig Roast 025.jpg

This one is for Nick
Pig Roast 010.jpg

and "dinner" from last year
pig roast 2011 005.jpg

Pig Roast 025.jpg

Pig Roast 010.jpg

pig roast 2011 005.jpg

Last edited:
excellent.

It's at Dave's "farm" and while not technically a farm that's what he calls it that for lack of a better description. In reality, it's a newish single story +/-1200 square foot house with decks front and rear on 50 acres with a front lawn large enough for about 20 tents.

Out of respect to him and his property we typically try not to tred into the house too much especially to use the bathrooms as they are on a septic system, for that we will have 2 CLEAN portable toilets.

--that is assuming Dennis has ordered them!

All that said, Dave and Olga are salt of the earth people and make their doors open to anyone and everyone. Given your newborn I am positive they will have no problem accommodating your wife's needs. congrats by the way!

Cool! We'll def try not to intrude if at all possible. Count us in.

This one is for Nick
View attachment 615031
[/QUOTE]

The trip that truly made me HATE MUD...

Miranda- "You can make it"

Hey what time does the pig roast actually start? I won't be able to wheel unfortunately (having the :princess: with, truck not ready, etc) so we'll just come for the food and good company. :D

last year food was ready about 4:30 or so. People usually start filtering in around noon, much earlier if you're wheeling. If you want to go amethyst mining you could spend all weekend out in the mine.

Potties ordered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom