2011 LX valve cover and spark plug gaskets? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Question for forum members - I replaced the spark plugs the other day, found oil in the tube and on the plugs on the driver side valve cover. 199k miles on the clock.

Is this a pretty straight forward diy? Is it easier than the valley plate leak? I did the valley plate leak 2 years ago with the help of this forum.

Thanks in advance!

Question for forum members - I replaced the spark plugs the other day, found oil in the tube and on the plugs on the driver side valve cover. 199k miles on the clock.

Is this a pretty straight forward diy? Is it easier than the valley plate leak? I did the valley plate leak 2 years ago with the help of this forum.

Thanks in advance!
Search for @Taco2Cruiser posts on the subject. It likely isn’t the gasket at the top, but where the tube is pressed into the head.. meaning they have to be pulled out of the head and re-sealed/installed to truly fix the problem.

I’m just really, really hoping mine don’t start to leak.

Search for @Taco2Cruiser posts on the subject. It likely isn’t the gasket at the top, but where the tube is pressed into the head.. meaning they have to be pulled out of the head and re-sealed/installed to truly fix the problem.

I’m just really, really hoping mine don’t start to leak.
Thanks, found the thread. Called the dealer and explained the issue they mentioned gaskets and 4 hours for one valve cover at $195hr. No mention of tube issue. Thinking of ordering new gaskets and tube seals to see if that would taper it off. Thanks again.

Thanks, found the thread. Called the dealer and explained the issue they mentioned gaskets and 4 hours for one valve cover at $195hr. No mention of tube issue. Thinking of ordering new gaskets and tube seals to see if that would taper it off. Thanks again.
Which dealer are you using?

Lots of cam tower/valve cover misdiagnosis:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom