For Sale 2011 LC200 197k Miles $21k Mods (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 200 Series
Mileage
Color
Black
Outside Link
http://inventory.adventure-motors.com/vehicle/269906/2011-toyota-land-cruiser-for-sale-in-lees-summit-missouri-64081
Found this 200 on my quest for one myself. No relation to seller or business. It does have a salvaged title per Carfax.
197k miles, $21k.

OME Lift
Front/Rear ARB Bumpers
Warn Winch
ARB Basket
Etc etc..

Decent price just concerned about the title.

Last edited:
Decent price just concerned about the tile.
Ok, honest question (to anyone). Assuming the frame is straight and the truck has been put back to together properly, what’s the issue with the title?

The price seems to reflect the salvage title.

It’s probably harder to sell this vehicle b/c of the title blemish. It has 200k miles...if a person is just going to drive it, wheel it and enjoy it, what’s the issue? What am I missing/not considering?

Ok, honest question (to anyone). Assuming the frame is straight and the truck has been put back to together properly, what’s the issue with the title?

The price seems to reflect the salvage title.

It’s probably harder to sell this vehicle b/c of the title blemish. It has 200k miles...if a person is just going to drive it, wheel it and enjoy it, what’s the issue? What am I missing/not considering?

Yea I don't see a problem if it is fixed properly. I am guessing ppl get spooked because it does affect the resale or how quickly you can get rid of the truck when you need to.

Does anyone know if I can add ARB steel upright on the ARB bumper that is on the LC? I am interested in this truck as this is the color I am looking for and already has the mods I was hoping to get down the line. I just can't get over the look of the bumper by itself without the steel upright.

You can google the VIN number and find the salvage reports and photos, but you will have to pay to see the full report (less than $10). Without paying anything I can see a photo and the status was "runs and drives", so I am not sure what type of damage led to the salvage title. Could have been flooded interior? If you are curious, buy the report. The 7 owner carfax is a bit confusing but I guess it could be the salvage lot and salvage repair companies that were also listed as brief owners.

Some insurance companies won't fully insure a salvage title vehicle.

Some insurance companies won't fully insure a salvage title vehicle.
I have driven only rebuilt cars my whole life and never had a problem with getting full coverage. I don't know where do people come up with these ideas

I have driven only rebuilt cars my whole life and never had a problem with getting full coverage. I don't know where do people come up with these ideas

Full coverage not liability only? While some insurers will cover for liability only, it can be a challenge to get comprehensive on a rebuilt title car: Can I Insure a Car with a Salvage or Rebuilt Title? | Credit Karma

I have no direct experience because I don't buy salvage/rebuilt/branded title vehicles, but I have heard if you can insurance coverage, making a claim is significantly more difficult. Curious if you've ever had to file a claim on one of yours and if it was a pain.

Full coverage not liability only? While some insurers will cover for liability only, it can be a challenge to get comprehensive on a rebuilt title car: Can I Insure a Car with a Salvage or Rebuilt Title? | Credit Karma

I have no direct experience because I don't buy salvage/rebuilt/branded title vehicles, but I have heard if you can insurance coverage, making a claim is significantly more difficult. Curious if you've ever had to file a claim on one of yours and if it was a pain.
Full cover on all my salvage cars. Nothing special, The process is all the same for Clean and salvage title cars.

Vin search in Google will often get you pictures of the damage pre-salvage auction so you can judge how much was done and what to look for.

For a vehicle with 200k miles even a minor event could result in salvage title.

A problem I found is that all the salvage "rebuilders" in my area were doing garbage work but the photos looked good online. I wasted a lot of time looking at trash vehicles. I drove an hour to look at a Lexus that looked great in photos but in person looked like dog fights had been staged in the interior.

Most the good candidates for rebuilding here get towed to Mexico for rebuilding there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom