Builds 2011 GX460 Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If I was in Texas there wouldn't be a question. Driving it through San Francisco and down to LA is another matter.
Oh-my-gosh! I can't even think of how bad that would go considering the political makeup of those cities! o_O

Wondering what switches people use for the accessory panel off the left of the steering column? I bought some from Amazon, but they stick out and I hit them with my knee on occasion turning on the light bars.

Wondering what switches people use for the accessory panel off the left of the steering column? I bought some from Amazon, but they stick out and I hit them with my knee on occasion turning on the light bars.
I’m curious about that too.

20220624_103132[1].jpg
20220624_103137[1].jpg
20220624_103142.jpg
20220624_103154_-_Copy[1].jpg

Drove the rig back from St. Louis since my son was done with his junior year at college. Had to make some upgrades to the VLine and front bumper LED bars. The Vline's mic was located on the passenger's side A pillar and with the higher road noise from the tires, it could not really pick up voices without shouting. So I am having it moved. The LED bars weren't lighting up, so my installer was taking a look at the switch.

With that being done, I decided to add small LED light where the parking sensors were located. When I installed the the spare tire carrier, the back two middle sensor would pick up the jack and tire in the sensor range forcing me to turn of the sensors. I have two cameras in the rear that help with reversing and seeing what is behind.

I found some small LED lights and decided to replace the sensors with the lights. My installer is putting them on different small toggle switches so I can turn them on or off individually on the front and back.. The lights should provide a nice amount of light at the feet helping when I set up camp, or am unloading at night, similar to those on my vVctory rockguards.

Will report back with some night time shots when the install is finished.

20220809_222656.jpg
20220809_222647.jpg
20220809_222618.jpg
20220809_222606.jpg
20220731_185135.jpg

So I have been getting the Rig prepared for its trip back to St. Louis.

I have now included led lights where the parking sensors used to be located. They are on separate switches that can be turned on for the front and rear. I have also installed a new door catch that has gotten rid of the squeaking that plague the door ever since I hung the rear table on it. I almost forgot that I also installed the MTS computer module.

After reading the posts on the forum, I also did the spar urethane treatment on the lights. It was a challenge to get the correct ingredients in SoCal due to our air quality regulations. Once acquired, the process was easy and the results were excellent.

Tomorrow, I will have a Hayden transmission cooler installed and have the timing cover leak addressed.

View attachment 3082872View attachment 3082873View attachment 3082874View attachment 3082875View attachment 3082876

So I have been getting the Rig prepared for its trip back to St. Louis.

I have now included led lights where the parking sensors used to be located. They are on separate switches that can be turned on for the front and rear. I have also installed a new door catch that has gotten rid of the squeaking that plague the door ever since I hung the rear table on it. I almost forgot that I also installed the MTS computer module.

After reading the posts on the forum, I also did the spar urethane treatment on the lights. It was a challenge to get the correct ingredients in SoCal due to our air quality regulations. Once acquired, the process was easy and the results were excellent.

Tomorrow, I will have a Hayden transmission cooler installed and have the timing cover leak addressed.
Can we get a daytime shot of the lights in the sensor holes and more details on the lights themselves? :D

Can we get a daytime shot of the lights in the sensor holes and more details on the lights themselves? :D
20220811_102902[1].jpg
20220811_102908.jpg
20220811_102920.jpg
20220811_102925.jpg
20220811_120328.jpg

Amazon product ASIN B00R2E6AYW
Here are more pictures of the lights. I am very happy with how they turned out.

Next on the list is getting the timing chain cover leak addressed and then adding some skid plates.

Next year will bring the victory front bumper in aluminum and a winch.

Anyone have any trail advice for the Park City, UT area?

View attachment 3084071View attachment 3084079View attachment 3084080View attachment 3084081View attachment 3084082

Amazon product ASIN B00R2E6AYW
Here are more pictures of the lights. I am very happy with how they turned out.

Next on the list is getting the timing chain cover leak addressed and then adding some skid plates.

Next year will bring the victory front bumper in aluminum and a winch.

Anyone have any trail advice for the Park City, UT area?
Awesome. I have those same lights I was going to use as footwell lights. Thanks for the pics!

Rig looks good too.

Reactions: r2m
20220813_130431.jpg

The two small button switches control the small bumper lights one for the front and one for the rear. The other two toggle switches control the lights as specified.

My mechanic did an awesome job on the Hayden trans cooler. Will post pictures soon.

Heard a click in the engine. Thinking a lifter might be getting stuck. Going to try an additive to see if I can get it unstuck.

View attachment 3086274
The two small button switches control the small bumper lights one for the front and one for the rear. The other two toggle switches control the lights as specified.

My mechanic did an awesome job on the Hayden trans cooler. Will post pictures soon.

Heard a click in the engine. Thinking a lifter might be getting stuck. Going to try an additive to see if I can get it unstuck.
I like how clean those two little rocker switches look there. Nice work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom