2010 Hoosier Hoedown - Aug. 20-22, Badlands (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
For some of you who didn't go on the PYS Tour, you might be looking at the title of this thread and say those are the wrong dates. If I am remembering this correctly, during one of the campfires at PYS, a discussion was held and there was a vast consensus made by all that we should move this year's Hoedown up by one week so that more people could attend. There were several conflicts mentioned with the dates previously chosen, especially with other TLCA events. I hope this doesn't upset the applecart so to speak for those who had planned to attend the later weekend and I apologize for not getting this out sooner for those of you who didn't know.

This year, we will continue to support Riley Children's Hospital with donations received through our raffle. Instead of getting sponsors from companies in the form of donations for the raffle, this year, we are asking attendees to bring something of value from their garage/parts collections to be raffled off. These items can be used or new but should be cruiser/Toyota/wheeling related. This is for a good cause so let's step up and contribute to make this a great raffle.

As we have done in years past, the club will provide wings for the Saturday evening meal and attendees are encouraged to bring one item such as a side item or desert. We will try our best to have enough wings for every one to eat until they never want to see another wing again. We don't provide wheelchairs though if you eat too much.

There has also some been some discussion about some kind of contest regarding the building of camp chairs. Those of you who know more about this might want to chime in on this aspect unless I am mistaken.

This is a three day event starting on Friday and ending on Sunday so come when you are able. Friday is wheel on your own or get together with whoever is there. Driver's meeting will occur at 9:30 in the upper parking lot of the Badlands on Saturday AM. We will be camping at Summers Campground and here is their website: index. We will be in the primitive area in the back and when you sign in, tell them you are with the Hoosier Cruisers and you will receive a discount on the camping.

Let's have a great event. Please post up if you will be able to attend so that we can have an accurate count of those attending, especially for the Saturday evening meal. Let us know if you have questions.

Ahh the old pastime of building the best chair....

To the best of my recollection (me memory being a bit hazy), there was to be a contest of who could build the most badass chair to sit around the fire.

The judging would be based on the most/best mods- no deductions for how tacky it may be.

Some ideas that were thrown out included, but are not limited to:
-Umbrellas
-Ipod docks
-Fans
-lights
-Pully system for raising/lowering of zilch bag
-Bug zappers
-Motor
-Mirror to reflect incoming lasers
Anything to make a chair better or more entertaining around the pyrotechnics display

I need to get started on mine Thanks for the reminder, Ron!!

Pfft. Ive been modding chairs for months. did the 1/4" steel pivot bracket mod (.25spbm), and the nickel mod (NM), to both of my Colemans

STFU ginger.

We're talking about real mods, not repairs.

Dingle balls, fuzzy dice, fender vents. Cool s***.

If anyone ever wondered why Gumbys rig ALWAYS breaks....^^^^^^^

:flipoff2:

It's always better to look good than to be good.

and I look marvelous.

6a00d8341bf71353ef0115709eeaef970b-800wi

It's always better to look good than to be good.

and I look marvelous.

6a00d8341bf71353ef0115709eeaef970b-800wi

Until you are riding bitch with someone, covered in dirt and greased up to your elbows....

Well, you can do the chair just for the jambo if you want. But if you have one ready for the jambo, then it should only be 10x better by the time the hoedown comes around!

Is there a size limit? I like the one at Menards that sits about 3 feet off the ground :D

If I only had a tow rig you all would be screwed! Id start with a Lazy boy!

Is this thing gonna be broken down by weight class and divisions. Is forced-induction frowned upon or encouraged?
One class - unlimited modified. No stock classes. No restricter plates here. If you have nitrous, you are encouraged to share.

Is there a size limit? I like the one at Menards that sits about 3 feet off the ground :D
One size limit - what is physically possible.

pfft - put it on the roof. How you gonna be hillbilly if you don't know how to pack?

Jenn is coming later in the fj62....I can get a lazy boy in that....

If some indiana folks could please pick up some bottle rockets, my chair will have accomodations for that :hillbilly:

If some indiana folks could please pick up some bottle rockets, my chair will have accomodations for that :hillbilly:

The indy guys should show up with more than that....or Ill be sad!

pfft - put it on the roof. How you gonna be hillbilly if you don't know how to pack?

I think Bill can rig up some Beverly Hillbillies style way of transporting a chair...

Well...:hmm: if it's a recliner does it have to be transported in or on?
I'm thinking under to avoid having to lift said Lazy Boy.

Never mind the indiana fireworks..... I was in Wisconsin and they t-bag those indiana fireworks all day!