Events/Trails 200's, 100's and 80's through the Rubicon! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

i-whZ3Pg8-X3.jpg

^one hundy, on 33s, stock suspension, stock front bumper, tackling the Rubicon!

Tells me less mods, more doing. Nicely done!
those tire are 35" treps

The AHC looks like it's working to me. What was the problem?
At that in the trail it was still working, I think the failure came around Cadillac Hill, the drivers side front lost all pressure and collapsed to the bumpstop, he had to drive out with it like that.

The 65mph max speed is the deal killer for me with those beautiful tires. :confused:
I put the cruise at 70mph and they just glide along, I'm fast off-road slow on the highway so perfect fit for me🤪

setting up camp at the springs
i-TTfLHHJ-X3.jpg

i-vgt2gzw-X2.jpg

Last edited:
Did you guys pass @cruisermatt when he was out there? I think it was around the same time, but he was going the other way in a leaf sprung 62 with a broken bellhousing and half a lunchbox locker poking out the rear axle with no oil in it

Did you guys pass @cruisermatt when he was out there? I think it was around the same time, but he was going the other way in a leaf sprung 62 with a broken bellhousing and half a lunchbox locker poking out the rear axle with no oil in it
He was out on the trail the following week, saw his post on FB

I actually fixed my bellhousing before i did the Rubicon

Ken, I can take this down if you want as I don't mean to detract from your trip or your photos. Thought a longer view of the trail might give folks some perspective. Its a fun trail, just 3 days of constant obstacles

In 2008 my club took 10 trucks and 20 people, I had my then 20 year old daughter as a co driver

There are 3 parts here
1st is an aussie Toyota commercial I thought was funny
2nd is a photo spread of the trip
3rd is the video. It was cool that we had 5 video cameras and I spliced it together so in some cases you see 3 angles from the same time. It is also a long video, just a warning :)

Again, I don't mean to detract from your trip, just offer perspective of the trail. Happy to take it down if it detracts from the great trip and photos you have

Great vid and thanks for posting. I actually have Chris Hatfield's 40, the Orange one near the end of the line. I knew he had taken it on the Rubicon but very cool to see some of video of the trip. I guess I can say my rig has been there, but I haven't. It looks pretty much the same as I don't believe the owner in between did any upgrades to it. Very cool. Don't know if you keep in touch with Chris, but if you do let him know his rig is in good hands and on the east coast.

@kreiten Great thread and amazing photography. I felt like I was there from the comfort of my desk. Absolutely amazing and if anyone was waiver on getting out there, this thread should put them over the top. I'm sure it is a bucket list for tons of folks like myself and thanks for taking the time to share your adventure with us.

@kreiten Great thread and amazing photography. I felt like I was there from the comfort of my desk. Absolutely amazing and if anyone was waiver on getting out there, this thread should put them over the top. I'm sure it is a bucket list for tons of folks like myself and thanks for taking the time to share your adventure with us.
Thanks for the huge props on the pics! It's def a trail worth doing forsure and quickly became my favorite trail of all time with further in we got!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom