2009 LX570 - Wheel & Tyre Upgrade? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Greetings to the good people of iH8mud.

I have been lurking here and reading your posts prior to making the purchase of my LX570, and only today I have decided to officially register on this forum. Firstly, I would like to thank you all for your endless contribution to this forum. It has greatly helped me to better understand my vehicle and to resolve many issues by just searching for the keywords here.

Previously, I owned a 2014 supercharged stage 1+ Audi A5 with ~418 BHP in Middle East. However, I had to relocate to Toronto, Canada and could not bring the A5 with me. After settling down here and evaluating my options, I have decided against going the sporty static life and to pursue the off-roading side of automotive.

Hence the purchase of my 2009 Lexus LX570. I am starting off with swapping the OEM 20" Lexus wheels with 18" Stealth Custom Series - Ray 10 in matte black (18x9, 5x150, 6", +25mm). I read as much as I could find on the forum, in regards to the limitations of going for an upsize tyre setup on the LX570 and the rubbing issues. As of now, I am considering to go with 285/60/18. Obviously, many of you have gone over that size on the LX570. My question remains, what procedures have you gone though to actually eliminate the rubbing issue. So far based on my understanding, its been a combination of doing the fender liner mod and using spacers. I am planning to achieve the following look (note the LC200 is 2" lifted and is running 305/65/18 via performing the 4runner liner mod where its pushed 1" forward:

And finally perhaps I should put a picture of my truck, right? (excuse its dirty appearance, its been snowing!)

Have you gone through any similar procedures while upgrading your tyre size? What size and what mods have you had to perform to achieve the desired outcome? What do you recommend?

-Aryan

Last edited:
For starters, congrats on the LX and welcome! Do the AHC mod (free), slap some 33's on the wheel of your choice with proper back spacing and then get it aligned.

We just picked up a new 2019 LX 570 a few weeks back and I put some 275/60's (33x11) on the factory 20's and have absolutely zero rub in any height and under any condition. I did no mods to the liners, wheel wells, or body side molding.

AHC in High

kSD13vv.jpg

eoFdPVd.jpg

AHC in Neutral

taMlFci.jpg

Greetings to the good people of iH8mud.

I have been lurking here and reading your posts prior to making the purchase of my LX570, and only today I have decided to officially register on this forum. Firstly, I would like to thank you all for your endless contribution to this forum. It has greatly helped me to better understand my vehicle and to resolve many issues by just searching for the keywords here.

Previously, I owned a 2014 supercharged stage 1+ Audi A5 with ~418 BHP in Middle East. However, I had to relocate to Toronto, Canada and could not bring the A5 with me. After settling down here and evaluating my options, I have decided against going the sporty static life and to pursue the off-roading side of automotive.

View attachment 1918179

Hence the purchase of my 2009 Lexus LX570. I am starting off with swapping the OEM 20" Lexus wheels with 18" Stealth Custom Series - Ray 10 in matte black (18x9, 5x150, 6", +25mm). I read as much as I could find on the forum, in regards to the limitations of going for an upsize tyre setup on the LX570 and the rubbing issues. As of now, I am considering to go with 285/60/18. Obviously, many of you have gone over that size on the LX570. My question remains, what procedures have you gone though to actually eliminate the rubbing issue. So far based on my understanding, its been a combination of doing the fender liner mod and using spacers. I am planning to achieve the following look (note the LC200 is 2" lifted and is running 305/65/18 via performing the 4runner liner mod where its pushed 1" forward:

View attachment 1918188

And finally perhaps I should put a picture of my truck, right? (excuse its dirty appearance, its been snowing!)

View attachment 1918190

Have you gone through any similar procedures while upgrading your tyre size? What size and what mods have you had to perform to achieve the desired outcome? What do you recommend?

-Aryan

What @Tex68w said. AHC adjustment will take you 10 minutes and can be used to just level your front, or gain 1-1.5” in baseline height for all modes.

I didnt modify my fender liners. The rubbing is so so minor and only happens at full lock in reverse. I did however remove the front mud flaps.

275/70/r18 and 25mm spacers on my 08:

lEuWoea.jpg

AHC Adjustment

LX's can support mild to wild just like the LC. Your proposed 285/60/18 (overall diameter 31.4") is an easy fit and won't require any modding effort at all.

You could step up to a 285/65R18 (32.6") tire, and it'll still drop in. Highly recommend size if your goal is largest tire without mods.

Once you go beyond a 33" tire, or an aggressive offset wheel, there are minor mods to do. The 4runner liner mod as you call it for the front. And to the rear of the fenderwell may need removal/modification of the mudflap and sidestep.

Both are documented here:
front liner - Trimming Wheel Well for Larger Tires
rear liner - Modifying Splash Gaurds for 33's

In the event you would like to go more aggressive, people have done 34 and 35s. I walked the middle with a 305/55r20 (33.2"x12.5"). I really enjoy this tire size all around for its height and width. On road traction and off-road clearance. The width helps keep the terrain off the wheel face and sidesteps.

I agree with the above replies.

I had 285/60/18 Ridge Grapplers on my '14 LX. I loved them but wanted an even more aggressive look. I just recently replaced them with Ridge Grapplers 285/65R18. They look great. Fit snug with no mods required. I will try to find pictures to post.

I have NOT done the sensor lift. I want to but working under the truck is not my specialty and I would probably screw it up.

If anyone could recommend someone in the Phoenix/ Scottsdale area that could do this with/ for me - I would be happy.

Here is a picture with the Ridge Grapplers 285/65 R18. No sensor lift

IMG_1755.jpg

Gentlemen, thank you very much for your insightful comments. I have gone through your recommendations and have decided to go with 33"x12.5" Yokohama Geolander M/T. I will be starting a build thread to keep you posted on the trucks' build process. Once again, thank you for your in depth replies!

Gentlemen, thank you very much for your insightful comments. I have gone through your recommendations and have decided to go with 33"x12.5" Yokohama Geolander M/T. I will be starting a build thread to keep you posted on the trucks' build process. Once again, thank you for your in depth replies!

Looking forward to seeing a 12.5” tire stuffed in there! Going to look great.

LX's can support mild to wild just like the LC. Your proposed 285/60/18 (overall diameter 31.4") is an easy fit and won't require any modding effort at all.

You could step up to a 285/65R18 (32.6") tire, and it'll still drop in. Highly recommend size if your goal is largest tire without mods.

Once you go beyond a 33" tire, or an aggressive offset wheel, there are minor mods to do. The 4runner liner mod as you call it for the front. And to the rear of the fenderwell may need removal/modification of the mudflap and sidestep.

In the event you would like to go more aggressive, people have done 34 and 35s. I walked the middle with a 305/55r20 (33.2"x12.5"). I really enjoy this tire size all around for its height and width. On road traction and off-road clearance. The width helps keep the terrain off the wheel face and sidesteps.

View attachment 1918891
Nice set up. Are you using spacers?

I just realized i never posted here with the results; been almost a year since then and i couldnt be any happier with the end results. Refer to the dirty rig below for 33"x12.5" Yokohama Geolander M/T tyres wrapped around stealth custom series 18x9 6.0 +25mm wheels:

A1E7C023-985B-4952-A31C-C3EC60C3AC3C.jpeg

I'd be thinkin the same tire/wheel pkg could be used on any GX or LX series ?
Aside from a few minor differences. The tire will fit no problem. and a few 17" rims will clear the rotors. But a +7 offset is low (high?) for the 200, which stock use a +60mm, and we have a 5x150 bolt pattern instead of 6x139.7 or whatever the 4runner wheels are.

Aside from a few minor differences. The tire will fit no problem. and a few 17" rims will clear the rotors. But a +7 offset is low (high?) for the 200, which stock use a +60mm, and we have a 5x150 bolt pattern instead of 6x139.7 or whatever the 4runner wheels are.

Oh my badd......yes......6x139.7........+7 offset was purfect on our GX 460

Plde6EB.jpg

Posting this a few places. Stock to 285/65/18 with 16+ cruiser 18’s
55465ED7-BBE8-4E27-BDD1-BCA973A13216.jpeg
401E3A13-3ACF-42DE-BD05-0E66222E7E72.jpeg

View attachment 1918891
Just got my '10 LX. Really like your look with the tire size....and also wondering what exact tires they are..can't quite tell from pic. Thanks.

Just got my '10 LX. Really like your look with the tire size....and also wondering what exact tires they are..can't quite tell from pic. Thanks.

305/55r20 measuring 33.2" x 12.3". They've been a great all around tire size that I really enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom