2008 is out ( pics) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

01montero.jpg

montero4.gif

Actually, the Mitsu Montero copied the LC100. So if anything, its the mitsu that copied.

Was the removable top a custom modification or was it a factory option? Were these ever imported in to the US?

Did Toyota ever make anything like this with a removable top...besides the 40 Series?

That is a P38 Range Rover (1997-2001) modified to look like a RRS. Look at the bonnet, mirros, rear, and the seats.

Cool though. had me fooled for a second

Shoulda gone retro... Time to go back to a good-lookin' LC...

zcruiser_600.JPG

a 60 series would be better....

then it would have sexy headlights.

Was the removable top a custom modification or was it a factory option? Were these ever imported in to the US?

Did Toyota ever make anything like this with a removable top...besides the 40 Series?

yea the rang rover is custom job. am not sure about the rest.

Damn, those ragheads love their Land Cruisers !! I think I prefer the 2008 LX to the LC (I hate to admit that )..
:cheers:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2001 UZJ100
1989 FJ62
1991 Range Rover Classic
2003 Mercedes CL55 AMG

1) We need an interpreter for that raghead talk...:eek:

2) I hope the runningboards will come off as easily and cleanly as on the 100. :bounce2:

Last edited:
1) We need an interpreter for that raghead talk...:eek:

2) I hope the runningboards will come off as easily and cleanly as on the 100. :bounce2:

look at the pics no need to read whats been said. the LC is very popular back home

Last edited:
Interpreted what was said in the first forum from page one in select post:

EWWWW!!! The LC100 looked better!

Glad to interpret wat was said.

I wish Toyota had just make the 80 with a V8. That would have been, in my opinion, the ULTIMATE Land Cruiser!

I've had an 80 and two 100's, and while the 80's look TONS better, the 100's are an order of magnitude more refined. That being said, I'm not sure how to put into words what my initial thoughts are on the '08 Cruiser............I like the looks of the new LX better, but on either of them, if the running boards can't be removed, I'm likely jumping ship to the Range Rover!

We'll just have to see what they look like in person..............

I wish Toyota had just make the 80 with a V8.

It would be a 2007 US sales failure.

During test dirves folks would run like fire!

Too small
Poor ride (SFA)
Cheap interior
No dual A/C
No TRAC/VSC

It would have been a HUGE plus in 94-97 though!

It would be a 2007 US sales failure.

During test dirves folks would run like fire!

Too small
Poor ride (SFA)
Cheap interior
No dual A/C
No TRAC/VSC

It would have been a HUGE plus in 94-97 though!
That's what I meant. I wish, during the run of the 80, they had put a V8 in it. I also agree with your assessment of the 100. The 100 is an order of magnitude more refined, more powerful, etc. than the 80. Unfortunately, even though I've had two 100's, they just don't look as good to me as an 80...........Someone made a comment earlier that sounded interesting: Modernize (aerodynamics, material usage, etc.) the styling of a past Cruiser (55, 60, 62, etc.), much like Ford and GM have done on some of their past popular cars, but add the refinement of the new generation Cruisers..........I don't believe they'd be able to make enough of them......

That's what I meant. I wish, during the run of the 80, they had put a V8 in it. I also agree with your assessment of the 100. The 100 is an order of magnitude more refined, more powerful, etc. than the 80. Unfortunately, even though I've had two 100's, they just don't look as good to me as an 80...........Someone made a comment earlier that sounded interesting: Modernize (aerodynamics, material usage, etc.) the styling of a past Cruiser (55, 60, 62, etc.), much like Ford and GM have done on some of their past popular cars, but add the refinement of the new generation Cruisers..........I don't believe they'd be able to make enough of them......

Ah...I follow ya. My wife likes the 80's looks better too. She's more refined compared to me! :D

OK....quiz: Where was this taken?

179746037-L.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom