2006 Unicorn Land Cruiser Non-nav AHC 59k Miles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After a year long search having sold my LXs, I was able to secure my unicorn 100 series non-nav AHC 2006 Land Cruiser with 59k miles in black and gray with gray interior, all thanks to @GTS550 who originally posting the ad! I had it under contract within 2 hours of the listing.

The truck came from the parents of another apparent cruiser fanatic that tragically died when he rolled a 98 Land Cruiser on a highway in Minnesota - Accident story. The truck was originally built and delivered to Hawaii and driven approximately 16k miles in the first 7 years then on to So/Cal.

Since I bought this to own it for a long time and hand it off to my son (currently 9) when the time comes, I hope to document its journey from here on out. It’ll be our father/son project, hopefully for many years to come and I hope it will inspire others to do the same.

For now, I’ll be posting pics of progress once she gets delivered, gets a proper health screening, some minor fixes and some personal touches.

Very grateful for this forum and the members who have shared a tremendous amount of knowledge and inspiration. I hope I can give back, even in a small way, by the purchase of this dream ride and through this thread.

😁

52546196-0A38-4689-9383-806D3E0517D6.jpeg

9EEF6954-2C9D-49B1-A76B-9790F7C73CE9.jpeg

1A9B464F-4410-4595-BE7C-9992D6166C6C.jpeg

54F49DD9-97B5-4A94-BD4D-89596FCB4E6D.jpeg

35E07C61-626C-4816-961E-2D1DDDBDCC94.jpeg

Last edited:
Reserved 1

Reserved 2

Reserved 3

Reserved 3

Reserved 4

Reserved 5

Good things come to those who wait, that's a nice pick up. Is it me or does the license plate look like a deer humping another?

Good things come to those who wait, that's a nice pick up. Is it me or does the license plate look like a deer humping another?

Deer Lives Matter?

Clean her up real well, clay, polish, buff, seal with ceramic coat and go HAM with the baselining. At that mileage i doubt TB/WP has been done, i'd get that done out of age. Replace upper and lower radiator hoses, thermostat, heater tees, replace fuel pump with the sequoia one, fuel filter, repack bearings, sway bar links, spark plugs, flush AHC, and all the gear oil. What are you planning for her mod wise?

Clean her up real well, clay, polish, buff, seal with ceramic coat and go HAM with the baselining. At that mileage i doubt TB/WP has been done, i'd get that done out of age. Replace upper and lower radiator hoses, thermostat, heater tees, replace fuel pump with the sequoia one, fuel filter, repack bearings, sway bar links, spark plugs, flush AHC, and all the gear oil. What are you planning for her mod wise?

Timing belt, serpentine belt, ALL fluids (diff, trans, brake, coolant) were all done Dec. ‘14 at 20,770 miles.
Brakes and bearings were done April 2016 at 29,425 miles.
Axle boots, chassis lube, fuel induction foam cleaning, throttle body service/cleaning, power steering fluid change/flush done Nov, 2016 at 34,554 miles.
There are other records but mostly oil changes, TPMS, purchase inspections, rear hatch shocks etc...
AHC system will be flushed with some new oil. Will be changing out the rubber hoses, t-stats, etc. due to age. Good thoughts on the fuel pump/filter, plugs etc.

In terms of mods, I have a full detail and ceramic coat, full ceramic tint, new updated head unit (ill check the speakers also), and I will get another set of custom wheels mounted to some ATs and keep the stock wheels and highway tires for driving around town. Thats about it really. Id like to keep this one mostly stock and enjoy it as is.

Congrats! It would be cool to put in the OEM navigation unit.
The reason I wanted a non-nav unit is the simplicity of adding my own head unit that suits my needs. As far as I understand, the only units that were built with non-nav/multifunction were those shipped to Hawaii or Puerto Rico but I could the wrong. In my 06 LX, I installed the grom unit and it worked pretty well. The truck does not come with the factory radio so I will be on the hunt for a factory non-nav radio just so I have it if I wanted to put it all back to stock.

Last edited:
Reactions: GTV
Saved.

That’s cool! Does it really have AHC?
Yes it does. When I get the truck home, I’ll take a pic of the original window sticker. It even shows Hawaii as the destination. Pretty cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom