2004 LX470 transponder key programming instructions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If I recall correctly there are two separate sequences for key programming: i) programming the door locks; and ii) programming the starting. I'm not at a fast connection right now but if you search the FAQ there is an immobilizer sequence, from memory: sit in the driver's seat with all doors closed and windows up. Insert the original master key into the ignition and then remove. Do this for a count of five, leaving the key in on the fifth. Open and close the driver's door for a count of six leaving it closed on the sixth. Remove the key and quickly insert the new key. The immobilizer security light should blink for about a minute the go off.

But, please search the FAQ for the correct procedure.

I have one original key with the buttons (not a valet key) and want 2 more made. Can I buy the new Lexus keys on EBay, have them cut locally, then program them using this method? (03 LX). Do I need to do the delete step and the add step? Thanks!

You will need to delete keys if you are not able to add new key. If you perform delete keys operation, please remember to reprogram your existing keys which you just deleted.

I have one original key with the buttons (not a valet key) and want 2 more made. Can I buy the new Lexus keys on EBay, have them cut locally, then program them using this method? (03 LX). Do I need to do the delete step and the add step? Thanks!

Just in case you have problem in programing the keys. I would program the keys before they are cut, that way you are not wasting money on cutting keys if you can't get the transponder to work.

Thought I would attempt again before I buy another key. I went through the sequence of deleting all of the keys except the master first. Then I went through the programming sequence for the new key and when I get to the last step where the security light is supposed to stop blinking after a minute it never appears to stop blinking. So I’m assuming my key is defective.

By the way it doesn’t start blinking immediately, but takes a few seconds with the new key and when it does it blinks 2 fast blinks followed by one slow blink.

Finally got around to trying some new keys and bought some from 1010keys with this programming device. Worked the first time to start the car. The remote programming was a chore as I could only get one or no keys to work until I performed the procedure on this thread with only one key on and off instead of multiple and both keys finally programmed. So glad to have a backup now.
5EFC4091-B94E-4BA4-9696-223AD7EDC369.jpeg

How does the programming device work?

Thanks for posting that. I thought about getting the programmer as well, since I wasnt sure if my emergency wallet key would work as a master key but it did. At least for the 2004 lx470 you can program it without the programmer. 1010keys included a paper insert with my order stating I would need the programmer to do it, but I definitely didnt.

That said, I'm blown away by how quick I got my key and how easy it was to program to start the truck.

After having the defective key and needing to get this done I didn’t want to mess around so very pleased how well this worked and how easy it was.

I'm trying this with two keys I purchased from RemotesRemotes.com and once I get programming mode enabled and insert the new key, the security light never stops blinking, even after 20 minutes. 2003 LX 470.

I purchased This from amazon. Was able to program it to unlock doors but could not make it start the car.

I have an 05 lx470.

I also got to the last step where it is supposed to stop blinking and it never does.

Anyone get past this on an 05?

That looks like the key I couldn’t get to work but no way to tell what’s inside.

I was just reading all of the amazon comments and it looks like a ton of people had the same problem with that key.

Does anyone have a source for a key that they 100% got to work (both to start the car and lock / unlock with FOB) on an 05 LX?

That looks like the key I couldn’t get to work but no way to tell what’s inside.

I was just reading all of the amazon comments and it looks like a ton of people had the same problem with that key.

Does anyone have a source for a key that they 100% got to work (both to start the car and lock / unlock with FOB) on an 05 LX?
I'm in the same boat. With a '05 LX. Nothing I've tried works.

I bought some of the same keys for my wife's GX. Had the same problem. Ended up buying keys from Lexus and didn't have a problem programming them.

I now have a tool to read the transponder in the keys. The keys from Amazon have a 4D68 tp30 tag which is for Toyota. They come up on the reader as a Toyota master key. What the Lexus uses is a 4D68 tp29 tag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom