2004 LX470 transponder key programming instructions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You may have the wrong frequency FOB.
Does the "Master Key" FOB work, if so, Try reprograming it. If successful then you know the other FOB's have the wrong frequency.
I had the same trouble with my '05 LX, website said they should work for my year but didn't, turned out I got the wrong frequency FOB.

I bought a 2006 LX470 with only one master key, I got one cut by 1010keys off of ebay, and then used this method to get the fob recognized for door lock/unlock:

2006 Lexus LX470 Remote Programming​

Have all transmitters for the vehicle at hand
1. With the key out of the ignition, unlock and open drivers door (all other doors must be closed)
2. Within 5 seconds,
Insert the key into the ignition (Do NOT Turn it) and Pull key out.
3. Within 40 seconds,
Close then open the drivers door.
4. Within 40 seconds.
Insert the key into ignition and leave it in the ignition.
Close the drivers door. Turn the ignition to ON then back to OFF (Do NOT Start or crank engine).
Remove the key from the ignition.
5. Within 3 seconds, the power door locks should lock then unlock automatically indicating successful entry into programming mode. Return to step 1 if the door locks do not cycle at this point or try the alternate procedure listed below.
6. Within 40 second,
A. Press the lock and unlock buttons on the remote simultaneously for 1.5 seconds.
B. Immediately after letting go of the lock and unlock buttons, press and release LOCK or UNLOCK button.
Within 10 seconds, the door locks should lock and then unlock once indicating successful programming.
(If the door locks cycle twice, repeat steps A and B in step 6 as the remote was not accepted)
Repeat steps A and B in step 6 for each new remote.
7. Open drivers door.

Then, when I couldn't figure out the correct method for getting the key recognized by the immobilizer, I just used techstream.

I'm guessing there's all these methods for people who don't have techstream, but WITH techstream it's incredibly straightforward.

I have read many posts regarding 2003/2004 models require dealer/locksmith programming. I have used these instructions 3 times to delete and add keys to a 2004 LX470 successfully. YMMV.

To delete all keys except the current master key:
  1. Close all doors.
  2. Insert master key in the ignition and remove key. Do this 5 times.
  3. Insert master key in the ignition.
  4. Open and close driver door 7 times. Security light will blink.
  5. Remove master key.

To add master key:
  1. Close all doors.
  2. Insert master key in the ignition and remove key. Do this 4 times.
  3. Insert master key in the ignition.
  4. Open and close driver door 6 times.
  5. Remove master key. Security light will turn solid to indicate the system is in programming mode.
  6. Insert new key. Security light will blink. Wait for about 1 minute until the security light stop blinking.
  7. Remove new key.
Key works but fob doesn’t open doors. More research ….

Done, used procedure in post 9, had old and new fobs, did the erase method and then programmed both.

For rookies like me…program key first, then door fob.

Last edited:
I tried both on my 2004 non us market 100 series, the key itself programmed smoothly since the key I have is the master, but I have no luck with the remote. This is the key I bought from amazon Link. I tried cycling 3 times to see how many remotes has been programmed, the lock cycled 5 times while there is only 4 remotes that can be programmed to the truck. Then I did again with cycle 5 times to erase all the remotes, as well as cycle 1 and twice. Neither would work, nothing would happen when I press lock&unlock for 1.5 sec and then press lock.

Do you have a working factory key with remote fob? Does it have the 3 buttons (unlock, lock, panic)? If so, open the key and look at the back of the remote module. It should have an FCC ID on it. You need to get a key/remote module that matches that FCC ID.

This is probably described elsewhere but I'll re-state since I ended up buying a remote from RemotesRemotes.com - Replacement Keyless Entry Remote Key Fob Free Programming Instructions - https://www.remotesremotes.com but the one they sent me wasn't the right one. It actually doesn't appear they have the correct key for a 2007 LC so I would suggest buying elsewhere.

The remote key assembly has 3 pieces...
-Key Blade
-Transponder Chip
-Remote Module

The key blade is fairly straight forward although be aware that there are different length keys and then Toyota and Lexus style.

The transponder chip is actually tucked into the remote module but can easily be removed with a small flat bladed screw driver. The correct chip for my 2007 Land Cruiser (US Spec) is the 4D67 Transponder chip. Later vehicles, like the FJ Cruiser have what seems to be called the G chip. I'm not sure about earlier vehicles but the point is you need the right chip.

The factory remote module with the 3 buttons will have an FCC ID on it. Mine was an HYQ12BBT, however it seems that some earlier LCs might have the HYQ1512V and there might be other versions as well. These are incompatible with one another.

The key I bought from remotesremotes.com listed for a 2007 Land Cruiser had a 4D67 Transponder and an HYQ1512V remote module. This will NOT work on 2007 LC because the remote module is incorrect.. I am guessing it doesn't work on 05 or 06 as well but would work on 04 but I haven't extensively researched. They sell a key with the right FCC ID remote but it has the wrong transponder chip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom