2004 Land Cruiser Gauge Cluster FIXED! How-To (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am trying to replace stepper motors for oil pressure and water temp for 2000 LC. I got this far and want to take apart minimum just to replace those two on the right side. Any pointers? TIA.
Edit: these have different motors. :(

IMG_1844.jpeg

IMG_1843.jpeg

Last edited:
I am trying to replace stepper motors for oil pressure and water temp for 2000 LC. I got this far and want to take apart minimum just to replace those two on the right side. Any pointers? TIA.
Edit: these have different motors. :(

View attachment 3322838

View attachment 3322839
Wish I could help you man. I'm in the same boat my oil pressure works intermittently

Hey all, so over a year later, I finally got my LX into the local shop in Whittier mentioned in previous replies. He had my car for a day and fixed my speedometer that would either not work, or sit at 20MPH at a stop. Great guy and would recommend. His info is below:
Speedo Check in Whittier. www.speedocheckca.com His number is on his website.

Hey all, so over a year later, I finally got my LX into the local shop in Whittier mentioned in previous replies. He had my car for a day and fixed my speedometer that would either not work, or sit at 20MPH at a stop. Great guy and would recommend. His info is below:
awesome, great to hear. do you have to drop the truck off? or can you give him the cluster?

I have driven 00 LC without a cluster. Not sure if LX is any different.

awesome, great to hear. do you have to drop the truck off? or can you give him the cluster?
You can do either option. I kept telling myself i would take it out and drop the cluster off to him, but after a year of NOT doing that, i finally just made an appointment and dropped the whole car off. He had it just for the day.

You can do either option. I kept telling myself i would take it out and drop the cluster off to him, but after a year of NOT doing that, i finally just made an appointment and dropped the whole car off. He had it just for the day.
Nice, i like a man that knows his limits LOL

Awsome! What does the cost look like?

Still working several months later?

My '03 LX (233k miles) has mildly fluttering gauges, but they all seem to stop at the same time. All gauges either freeze or drop to zero.

Have taken the cluster out and don't see any obvious signs of damage or broken components.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom