2003 UZJ 100 Clunk from center differential (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all and greetings from Turkey !

I am new in here and this is the my first post.My problem is that:

I have 2003 Uzj 100 4.7 lt. automatic transmission and when driving usually 2nd and 3rd gear I am taking foot off from the pedal and then accelerating again, I can both hear and feel a clunk from the drive line. "The Clunk" coming from the center differential.Additionally,when we open (locked) the center diff lock,there is no clunk but if we don't open the center diff lock,the clunk start again ! I saw some topics about same problem but I didn't read any sure solution.

We have a Toyota service since 1960's and we sure that the clunk is not arise from shaft(drive axle), CV joints,front and read differential.We all controlled them.

Waiting your valuable response.

I'd rule out the drive shafts. Remove the rear, lock the center, go for a drive, see if your clunk is still there. If it's gone, you know it's the rear shaft. You can repeat with the front to rule it out too.

My daughter is in the market for a 100 and we looked at one this morning that has the same type of clunk Olcay Artis described. I found the below thread and it seems no one has a definitive answer, but one of the members has been driving with the clunk for 5 years and has stopped worrying about it.

Clunk from drive line / transfer case (NOT "The Clunk" from rear prop shaft)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom