2003 LC Tesla Screen Install Write-Up (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thank you so much for all of this info @Ell Ex. Definetley buying one now. Time to look for OEM side vents although what they gave you isnt too bad 😮
Great! I'm glad to help where I can. I hope your install goes smoothly -- I think the manufacturer has ironed out some of the issues with the early models, so maybe going forward these things will be more reliable than they've been to this point.

And to be honest, the side vents that come with it are such a close match that I never even really notice them; if you can get a set of LC side vents for a few bucks, go for it, but I wouldn't spend much time or money on them because you'll probably be perfectly happy with the ones they send with the radio. I'll try to remember to get a photo in daylight so you can see them more clearly than in the shaky video I shot at 1:30 a.m.

does anyone know how to connect old reversing camera oer even a new one so it automatically comes on screen

Lastly, connect everything together. I used a t-tap (they're the best) to connect my speaker ground wire to the vehicle harness. This allows for easy removal if necessary and only leaves behind a small wire prick. I also circled the correct wire to connect the gray wire to if you don't have a pink wire in your new harness (this is switched power for the amplifier). You can also use a t-tap for that connection.
View attachment 2027454

This is the diagram that I used to track down the amplifier wiring. Thanks to another Mud member for this diagram (sorry - I don't remember who I stole it from several weeks ago!)
View attachment 2027460

That's it, that's all!

Enjoy your new headunit!
how did you get reversing camera to come on automaticaly i can get it to work by pressing camera button but surely it should come on automatically

how did you get reversing camera to come on automaticaly i can get it to work by pressing camera button but surely it should come on automatically
Have you connected the trigger wire from a reverse light to your radio? That wire tells the radio that you've put the vehicle in reverse, which should switch the screen to your camera image.

I assume it’s the red wire. Does it need to be conected to camera power source?, also which wire does it connect to

I assume it’s the red wire. Does it need to be conected to camera power source?, also which wire does it connect to
Yes, it's the red wire. One end connects to the (+) wire of the reverse light, and the other end connects to the trigger wire on the radio harness. I don't remember what color the wire is or what the label says, but it should be marked "REV" or something similar.

Sadly it’s not marked I think one is grey and can’t remember other one
I think there is a sticker on the back of the radio that identifies the wires based on their position in the various plugs. I would expect it to be on that sticker.

Thanks for all your help next problem is radio it works on front speakers great, but no rear so I did the wiring as per the diagram on forum , nothing so put it back as supplied I’m goi to try wiring from rears to radio

Thanks for all your help next problem is radio it works on front speakers great, but no rear so I did the wiring as per the diagram on forum , nothing so put it back as supplied I’m goi to try wiring from rears to radio
Have you gone to the Console and checked the FR and RL settings on the factory amp? Make sure they are both in the middle of the numeric range.

no but all four now working but fader doesnt which quite honestly doesnt worry me,ive added tv system that works ok ,i just need to work out how to copy dvds to usb so theyll play

the only niggel i have with the unit is the slow start up it seems forever even though i suppose its about 20 seconds

Got mine installed and running. AC was plug and play, however the audio was not. I had to rewire the factory audio per OP's how-to and got that working. Last thing I need to do is figure out how to install an aftermarket reverse cam.
IMG_20190907_120229.jpg

no but all four now working but fader doesnt which quite honestly doesnt worry me,ive added tv system that works ok ,i just need to work out how to copy dvds to usb so theyll play
I've noticed that the fader that works on the X and Y axis slider doesn't have any effect. The only way to change the balance or front-rear levels is through the numeric settings.

Have you considered connecting a USB DVD drive instead of ripping all of your movies to USB? Something like this might work well for you, and it could easily be mounted to the inside wall in the center console or the glove box with double-sided tape.

1567925215950.png

Amazon product ASIN B07DLRG9VH

yes and ive got movies to work by converting to mp4
im now wondering how to update android its kitkat 6.04 whatever that is

yes and ive got movies to work by converting to mp4
im now wondering how to update android its kitkat 6.04 whatever that is
I'm not sure that you'll be able to update the Android version, since updates will likely have to come from the manufacturer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom