2002 LC for $6700 what's the catch?...PICs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Not sure if anyone has posted this car yet.

Was hunting on Autotrader when I came across this 2002 LC for $6700 (edit: They lowered the price to $6399)

Before I even looked at the location, I browsed the pics. It looked really clean! Oddly underpriced and it was being sold via a Toyota Dealer. But wait...it's a Michigan car. And there are no underbody pics.

So I emailed the dealer and asked the sales guy to send me pics of the underbody (I'm in California, yeah I know just look in this state). He was hesitant saying he didnt want to have to put it on a lift..etc. I said just crawl under and take some cell phone pics with flash. Remember with FLASH! and in focus.

Well this is what he came back with (apologies if im not uploading pics correctly.. im new here)
full

full

full

full

So for $6400.... Would you?

I thought only lx's got the vibration/harmonic damper? Are those even the underside of the truck you see in ad?

Not sure if anyone has posted this car yet.

Was hunting on Autotrader when I came across this 2002 LC for $6700 (edit: They lowered the price to $6399)

Before I even looked at the location, I browsed the pics. It looked really clean! Oddly underpriced and it was being sold via a Toyota Dealer. But wait...it's a Michigan car. And there are no underbody pics.

So I emailed the dealer and asked the sales guy to send me pics of the underbody (I'm in California, yeah I know just look in this state). He was hesitant saying he didnt want to have to put it on a lift..etc. I said just crawl under and take some cell phone pics with flash. Remember with FLASH! and in focus.

Well this is what he came back with (apologies if im not uploading pics correctly.. im new here)
full

full

full

full

So for $6400.... Would you?
Run fast, run hard

Probably the worst undercarriage I've seen posted on here.

The Titanic has less rust. You're in an area where rust free rigs are abundant. As others have said above, I wouldn't travel across the state for that rig.

The rust looks pretty "normal" compared to other 2002-Vintage cruisers I've seen here in Michigan, and the price is cheap if you were a local buyer. But for a cross-country purchase, NO WAY. Even if it were for me, I'd pass and try to find something out-of-state with less rust (mine came from WI but spent winters in Florida). Not sure what the yellow light is on the cluster, it's out of focus. I see rust in the wheel wells, but again, it's a 15 year old Michigan truck, and for $6400, it's CHEAP. It would make a nice first car for a 16 year old kid. But no way for a long-distance purchase, I'm sure you can find something cleaner elsewhere.

looking at the rust.......they should have put a zink down there.....like on a boat

I thought only lx's got the vibration/harmonic damper? Are those even the underside of the truck you see in ad?

they should pay YOU to take that head ache on.

Mabye if it was under 150Kmiles? If and all maint has been taken care of it could be a deal, just know if you mess with any of the suspension that you're gonna break bolts, just be prepared for that and you should be good.

The Titanic has less rust. You're in an area where rust free rigs are abundant. As others have said above, I wouldn't travel across the state for that rig.

You'll get a bunch of s*** for doing that. especially if you live in cali. I know i'd bust my friends balls that would buy such a thing with me living in Texas.

I'm wondering why Toyota didn't rust-proof these underbodies right from the factory unless- they're made for equatorial third world countries ONLY lol

Rust never gets better!

the cruiser I just bought was listed for $6700, although I got it for much cheaper than that.

While it isn't perfect it did't have any rust (SoCal truck), rear locker, ARB bumper and 1.5 OME lift. 187k miles.

Good deals can be found if you wait.

Not sure what the yellow light is on the cluster, it's out of focus.
Low fuel indicator.

This is the first 2002 LC/LX I have ever seen without the factory MFD and navigation system. Even though it was a factory option, I have never seen one without it. This one has an aftermarket head unit and factory knobs for climate control. That makes it a unicorn, albeit a cancer-laden one.

That's completely normal for a MI truck from 2002.... See at least 10 SUVs on a daily basis that have this much or worse rust underneath. If you're buying it just to DD it, who cares about the rust. What do you plan on doing underneath the truck anyway? If you plan to buy it to build it and modify the suspension, etc. and will actually spend a lot of time underneath, then the rust will be an issue because everything is seized and rotted away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom