2000 LX470 Air Conditioner issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've searched the threads but couldn't find answers to my following issue. My AC started blowing warm air a couple months ago so I took it in and got it recharged. They also put dye in at the time and last week it started blowing warm again. Took it in and mechanic diagnosed leak in condensor and replaced. AC was cold leaving the shop but became warm again after engine got to normal operating temp.

A couple things to note, the lights would randomly switch from recirculate to outside air. When looking inside the engine the fan on the condensor would turn on when the system engaged and the compressor would start to turn on and cold air would begin to flow but the compressor would only run for about 15 seconds and then cut off and then on again, repeatin on and off.

Switched clutch relay but no success. Could it be pressure switch or something else? Any recommendations are most appreciated.

Depending on the ambient temperature and whether or not the system is fully charged and operating correctly 'cycling' is a normal function of your compressor. But they generally run much longer than 15 seconds at a time.

A low refrigerant charge will often times cause the system to 'short cycle' as you describe.

My first guess would be that you still have a leak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom