2000 LX470 A/C Not Working - DTC 19, 37, 47 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello All,

2000 LX470 ~110k miles - no known previous work done on the a/c system.

Before I ask what the codes mean, a brief history of the problem:

First, noticed issue when cold air stop coming out of the vents with the A/C on. A/C light was not blinking at this time, but remained solid. Magnetic clutch was still clicking on, engaging and spinning. Initially, thought a simple freon recharge would solve the issue. Hooked up the recharge can only to find that the line was actually over pressurized. Bled the line down to acceptable pressure. Didn't end up doing any recharging.

Some time passes.

Then something happened and the A/C light decided it wanted to start blinking when turned on. If left on, a slight burning, electrically flavored smell starts to come through. The first time I noticed the light blinking, I checked under the hood to see that the magnetic clutch was unresponsive, not clicking on, engaging or spinning. Checked the relevant fuses. All good. Swapped the Mag Clt relay with the Mir Htr relay right next to it since they are identical. Mirror still heats up after swap. A/C unchanged, still nothing. So not the relay.

All this was in November heading into December, and who needs A/C in the winter? So I said eff it. My heater works. I'll wait until it gets hot.

Some more time passes.

Well... It's gotten hot.

I found a post describing how to retrieve stored error codes relating to the climate control system by holding down the AUTO and recirculate buttons and got the following error codes: 19, 37, and 47.
Google turns up no info about these codes. They seem to not exist.

Anybody have any idea what these codes mean? Any experience troubleshooting them?
Any help/advice is much appreciated.

Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom