200 Series tech and classifieds. (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What came first. The chicken or the egg. And she can't cut me off because she doesn't know where I get it.
t shirt printing material right there...

image.jpg
image.jpg
Local 200 ( not mine) 2011 with 94k looks super clean , inside and out and underneath. loaded , guy is asking 34k. I wish I had the $$$ I'd own it.

You have 198k on your 200? Wow

Fuel pump sending unit, EGR valves and radiator. Wife and kids haven't helped. Weirdly enuf still has original starter and alternator.

Got the lift straight after Donnies offroad looked it over and realized rear shocks were way loose and causing noise and bad ride. See if it will last.

Was at ACC this weekend and they have a LX570 they are working on. Had to reprogram one of the ECUs via laptop and re-position the sensors to trick the AHC from dropping too low on the big meats the owner installed. The ECU was decreasing the suspension height at 65mph and the tires were rubbing. Not anymore.
LX570 (1).JPG

They found out the hard way that the Prinsu for LC 200 doesn't fit the LX570 version. The LX has integrated billet aluminum rails that are mounted to the roof gutter from inside the headliner. So they redesigned the Prinsu with a cutoff wheel...to remove the mounting brackets. Then they mounted directly to the billet rails. Each cross member will have to be measured/cut to fit it's position as the roofline geometry widens as you go from rear hatch to front windshield.
LX570 (2).JPG

Then they are adding a hidden winch mount to the stock bumper. That stock bumper is really stout aluminum, probably 3/16"-1/4" thick double channel.
LX570 (3).JPG

That whole truck is f'ing bad. It's the ugliest thing Lexus has ever designed, and that's saying a lot after looking at the new GX.

So LC made for harsher enviroment.

Also Luxury sells.....and there is more demand for LXs in US than LC. Yes hard to understand from our point of view but after owning both in 100 series model. The extras like fit and finish and door gaskets and the suspension. AHC gets a bad rep on here b/c they don't take time to understand it. It is badass and very functional.

Plus auto makers are in business to make money.....only reason LCs are still even being made is the rest of the world not US market.

I understand why they do it, I just don't understand the execution. The aesthetic has always been so off. An uglier front clip and glue on some cheap looking ground effects and uglier wheels. Given, the 200 version seems the most refined, it just looks like it's competing more with the Escalade and Infinity than the Range Rover or Porsche.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom