200 Series Spare Tire Crossmember and Tire Hoist on a 100 - Anyone done it? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This thread has a step by step procedure for those of us with the Charcoal Canister in the rear.

Thanks for flagging that! That thread was started about two weeks after I posted that—I’ve got it bookmarked in case I decide to tackle this.

Was there any resolution to this? I just cut out my stock cable winch (completely seized) and am working on getting the rest of the assembly out now (RUUUSSSTY), but want to figure out what to put in there in the meantime. Is the 200 assembly plug-and-play on the 100 cross member? Or am I stuck just getting another 100 assembly that will inevitably rust? The cable assembly is nice because it's so easy to cut out if it seizes - do the chain assembly inevitably do the same?

Side note: holy jumpin', are those bolts on top of the cross member tough to get moving. I have cracked the plastic cover to see if I can get at them better from below, but coming from the top is a no for me, dawg. So rusty, so soft. I have scrubbed with a brush, attacked with PB, and hit it with heat, but they're just rounding right off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom