200 series picture thread (15 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dude... Dude! Can I import you and your skills to Canada?
Given enough financial incentive ill go anywhere. I train ppl on how to do this here in AU.

I can't recall but did you once do a write-up on the process you follow, tools used, materials, etc... in making these trucks look so damn good?

Yeah back in 2008 i think... There is a file uploaded on FB. i should update it

Few obligatory pics...
IMG_6093.JPG

IMG_6732.jpg

IMG_2001.JPG

IMG_6912.JPG

IMG_8035.jpg

Given enough financial incentive ill go anywhere. I train ppl on how to do this here in AU.

Few obligatory pics...
View attachment 2062643
View attachment 2062644
View attachment 2062642
View attachment 2062645
View attachment 2062647
what are the brand name of those headlights / lamps, where did you source them and do you recommend their quality. Mine are BEAT and dated. Looking to refresh my trucks eyes.
thanks

What size tires are those - any rubbing? Stock height/no spacers?

Great looking rig!

Falken Wildpeak A/T3W - LT285/60R20

No rubbing in the back.
Front rubs on rear mud flaps and a touch on the plastics, Nothing a heat gun couldn't fix. It does look like it rubs a tiny bit on the UCA when in high while reversing over a bump. I have no spacers installed but have some sitting waiting to be installed when I do brake pads and rotors.

I'm not sure I've ever posted pics to this thread but here's one from this past weekend, Coyote Flat outside of Bishop, CA. Our local TLCA chapter has been going here each year around this time for the past 5 years, this year we found a great campsite nestled in the trees, could prob fit 50 rigs. We saw mayyybe a half dozen other groups in the 4 days up there. Open invite for 2020!

View attachment 2056144

Edit: more photos from the trip
Can you post some pics of your custom sleeping platform? I saw one pic in your google link and it looks very interesting

Few obligatory pics...
View attachment 2062643
View attachment 2062644
View attachment 2062642
View attachment 2062645
View attachment 2062647
[/
what are the brand name of those headlights / lamps, where did you source them and do you recommend their quality. Mine are BEAT and dated. Looking to refresh my trucks eyes.
thanks
im very interested in what headlights @VooDoo2 is rocking? My 08 lights are super yellow and worn and make the truck look very old.

Couple quick pics from the top of a climb on my way to the Fire lookout in the Sierra Buttes with the new to me cruiser last weekend. Ended up running a pretty overgrown trail on the way back and broke in the paint with some trail stripes. Overall I was very impressed with how it performed and am happy with my decision to move over from my Tacoma.
Gold Lake 2-2.jpg

Gold Lake 1.jpg

Can you post some pics of your custom sleeping platform? I saw one pic in your google link and it looks very interesting
Here's a few 🤣 200 Series Not-a-drawer "Drawer" Project

I do intend to do a bit of a write-up on it but haven't gotten to it, I did add some comments w/in the photos at the link above - more or less a stream of thoughts. It's going to be an evolving process for sure, I have the 2nd fridge to pop in but need to move the compressor and this time it's not as straight forward as the other side. Anyway... it's been a fun project that can be improved on..... next I have to fit the electronics and H20 (I'll be calling @indycole). Got to use it in the Eastern Sierra's w/ my two boys and it worked as I hoped it would. My biggest gripe is how tall they are, but use of different materials I could cut it down a few inches which would be optimal.

I also have a "jig" for the base plate that secures to the 3rd row seat anchor points first made by "Overlandad" and passed down. If anyone wants it I'd love to pass it along, it currently sits in San Diego.

IMG_20190804_150238.jpg
IMG_20190804_150330.jpg
IMG_20190804_140542.jpg
IMG_20190801_153335.jpg
IMG_20190804_140559_1.jpg

I do intend to do a bit of a write-up on it but haven't gotten to it, I did add some comments w/in the photos at the link above - more or less a stream of thoughts. It's going to be an evolving process for sure, I have the 2nd fridge to pop in but need to move the compressor and this time it's not as straight forward as the other side. Anyway... it's been a fun project that can be improved on..... next I have to fit the electronics and H20 (I'll be calling @indycole). Got to use it in the Eastern Sierra's w/ my two boys and it worked as I hoped it would. My biggest gripe is how tall they are, but use of different materials I could cut it down a few inches which would be optimal.

I also have a "jig" for the base plate that secures to the 3rd row seat anchor points first made by "Overlandad" and passed down. If anyone wants it I'd love to pass it along, it currently sits in San Diego.

How do you like that drawer fridge? I am thinking about adding one of those where the 60 side of the second row is to use as a freezer.

How do you like that drawer fridge? I am thinking about adding one of those where the 60 side of the second row is to use as a freezer.
So far so good, I'd love to put a power monitor on it though. I also haven't run it as a freezer but I can see how it does if you want. You can move the compressor from the back to either side of it helps with your setup (did mine).

So far so good, I'd love to put a power monitor on it though. I also haven't run it as a freezer but I can see how it does if you want. You can move the compressor from the back to either side of it helps with your setup (did mine).
Awesome, if you have a need to test its "freezer-ness" I would love any beta you can share. We typically prep and freeze all our proteins prior to big trips (2 weeks +) and having a dedicated freezer would be great for that.

View attachment 2063672View attachment 2063671View attachment 2063669View attachment 2063679View attachment 2063668
Man that looks awesome! That's way more than I'd expected. Very much deserving to have in a thread of its own documenting the build. nice work! I love the small drawers under, and i also love the flip wood that goes over the folded 2nd row for flat platform

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom