200 series picture thread (11 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mount Hood National Forest, road 3550

B27BAB51-1FA4-47D0-9D78-23E07DBA88CF.jpeg

D3D9F4D0-D26E-4E36-8157-A31550D57F3F.jpeg

EDDC34D8-7A06-4E96-A21E-7057250CF70C.jpeg

D83D7668-5B58-4357-8286-BA067321675F.jpeg

607E0ED8-3E8B-4E68-A640-BE2EC358E5D9.jpeg

There’s Fully Stuffed...

58B63216-3002-4EA4-8DCD-01850A864A9F.png

And then there’s Fully STUFFed...

upload_2018-8-12_14-11-17.jpeg

:hillbilly:

Last edited:
I am currently out of the country and will have to ask the person responsible for design to ensure I answer you correctly. What I do know is that it was designed roughly and then after installation he trimmed it for a proper fit and smoothened everything out. Ill make sure that I respond with more details once I’m back next weekend.
Ok, I got an "answer" from the fender designer for the guys that asked.

"Its a custom mold, made of honeycomb and smoothed out to integrate factory valance"

I didn't understand a word which is why I'm thankful I got help but I hope you guys would make use of that :D.

Here is a picture of the fender, sanding just got finished, final step is to paint it. Then its off for the prerunner bumper design.

IMG_5755.jpg

We were on Fraser Island recently doing some more product testing for the upcoming MAXTRAX Extreme.

View attachment 1767299

I was expecting those to be out/released by now.

I assume testing involves getting stuck...and seeing how well the new metal studs handle heat from occasional wheel spin? That’s the only weak point on Max Trax that I’m aware of...

Nice! When do you think the Extreme model will be hitting the market?

They'll be available in a few months. They should be purchasable before SEMA.

It's actually quite a complex manufacturing and testing process for our small team. The tool alone is absolutely insane. We had it pretty close with the prototype that was unveiled at SEMA, but Brad (inventor and owner of MAXTRAX) is a detailed guy so we've made a few changes after a few hundred recoveries.

When it comes time, we'll release some of the destruction testing we've been doing. It's insane.

They'll be available in a few months. They should be purchasable before SEMA.

It's actually quite a complex manufacturing and testing process for our small team. The tool alone is absolutely insane. We had it pretty close with the prototype that was unveiled at SEMA, but Brad (inventor and owner of MAXTRAX) is a detailed guy so we've made a few changes after a few hundred recoveries.

When it comes time, we'll release some of the destruction testing we've been doing. It's insane.

Sounds fun! Thanks for the reply.

What Hell’s Gate looks like from the passenger seat... :confused: Props to any passenger who has to watch that without having any control over the truck. :steer:

1950135F-8F45-49A6-A3DF-33CB6210B55C.jpeg

Last edited:
From Driver side...

155B9939-ECDE-44F1-B7C5-E73B161161B2.jpeg

@codyaustin5

upload_2018-8-15_19-16-3.jpeg

Can you spot him...spotting me...spotting him? :)
(Hint: Cody’s not in his truck)

Last edited:
I suppose you said Hold my beer and watch this? My reply would have been where can I buy some new underware?

Honestly I think the spookiest part for Julie was the drop IN on the way to the bottom of the Gate. Few videos show that part, but you are dropping in totally blind with potential forward rollover... It’s maybe spookier that the ascent for the passenger especially.

Ok, I got an "answer" from the fender designer for the guys that asked.

"Its a custom mold, made of honeycomb and smoothed out to integrate factory valance"

I didn't understand a word which is why I'm thankful I got help but I hope you guys would make use of that :D.

Here is a picture of the fender, sanding just got finished, final step is to paint it. Then its off for the prerunner bumper design.

View attachment 1766304
any updates on this? more pics of the fender, I'm guessing they are reshaped to allow for a larger tire? thanks

Got around to getting some 295/65/18 duratracs and installed them on a set of wheels I bought second hand (I had to clean them up and repaint them since I HATE chrome wheels).
I have also done an AHC lift on the front only to give it more clearance and got it more level
View attachment 1768491 View attachment 1768492
Had the same issue on my LX470 I bought last year, super chromed out, I just grabbed a couple cans of plastidip and it took me about 30 minutes, problem solved:)
email8532.jpg

any updates on this? more pics of the fender, I'm guessing they are reshaped to allow for a larger tire? thanks
They are finished with the final coat of paint however the fenders are now removed in order to get the measurements correct for the bumper work. This is the final job. So in 2-3 weeks I should hopefully have pictures, walk around video and off course a video of it running.I am talking it slow with this build controlling my excitement in order to get everything done properly. no rushes(learned that the hard way).

I also chose to go with the new BF Goodrich KM3 Mud terrain tires. 35 inch tires.

Just arrived at the workshop.

IMG_5796.JPG

IMG_5797.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom