200 series picture thread (31 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I did not. I don't believe mark did either.

Black Bear night run - @Willy beamin @dc916cruiser @steenh

fullsizeoutput_230.jpeg

I am glad no body damage and rollover.

did you use crawl control to climb the gate?

No. Traction is not the tricky issue on the gate, and handing over throttle control is not something I’d suggest anyone do unless you can’t resist gunning it near the top. :)

There was a side by side who I absolutely thought was going to roll as I watched bc he gunned it at the absolutely worst spot. He was afraid he needed to gun it to avoid losing traction (he told me afterward) but that’s just not true. He was a new driver in a borrowed unit...and he was very very lucky. Didn’t have his seatbelt on and no helmet...

Last edited:
Mine-Car Dump Platform...my LC is that dot down there to the right...
Near Chihuahua trail...out of Breck/Frisco/Dillon... Weather was perfectly rainy. :)

BBAAA2CD-0BA7-4077-B4F8-E13F20AE1E2A.jpeg

Last edited:
No. Traction is not the tricky issue on the gate, and handing over throttle control is not something I’d suggest anyone do unless you can’t resist gunning it near the top. :)

There was a side by side who I absolutely thought was going to roll as I watched bc he gunned it at the absolutely worst spot. He was afraid he needed to gun it to avoid losing traction (he told me afterward) but that’s just not true. He was a new driver in a borrowed unit...and he was very very lucky. Didn’t have his seatbelt on and no helmet...

I was just curious. I've been there in my 80 a couple of times and i know how good the traction is. I was wondering if you did use it and how it worked? I'm still skeptical about Crawl, i like my old fashioned locked up 80 for those types of things.

On slick rock… There is no lack of traction. Other portions of particular trails would certainly benefit from crawl if you don’t have lockers. For example… One of the rare times I used to crawl control was when I ran top of the world trail in Moab by myself. There was one spot where I kept spinning tire… But otherwise would have had plenty of traction if I could have locked my rear differential. In that instance, traction control saved the day because it forced the control of each tire individually and sensed the tires been… And successfully switched power to the opposite side rear and it walked me out of the situation without issue. The funny thing is that I usually forget traction control is there at all, and I rarely feel the need for it. But it is definitely an effective tool and short of lockers, can certainly save the day. That being said… The last major mod on my list includes recuring to 4.88 and front and rear lockers. With the combination of triple locked rig and crawl control… You are prepared for just about any situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom