200 series picture thread (16 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

9CA758AB-A32C-4B3D-959E-613D4CCE5F8F.jpeg

I’m staying aboard. Just put new batteries in the key fobs.

This pic was pre body lift and pre 37's. She was just a little girl back then.

Ya... I think it's that the color stands out in the earlier photo. Green is so unique.

Last edited:
Something cheap. 1st gen Sequoia or early 100 Series.

I did love my 99 LC 100. Sold it way too cheap a few years ago... Amazing how cheap nice 100's go for these days.
Lots of no-dirtno-dings mall cruisers in the L.A. area. Serious bargains...

Last edited:
Everyone's jumping ship! I must admit the thought has been crossing my mind lately too. Getting that one year itch. I think if a deal like @mcgaskins found with the Tacoma came along I might jump too. But, I'll probably just switch up something (suspension, electrics, storage, ect...) to hopefully reinvigorate me.
Ahhh... my brother bought a new ‘17 Tacoma Off Road. Great truck, but compared to a Land Cruiser as far as build quality, fit and finish, and strength of components, it made me accept that I could never own another Toyota other than a Land Cruiser.

When I tore into that Tacoma to build sliders for it, I felt like I was saying to myself soooo many times over, “well, looks like they saved money there, and there, and there.” But what did I expect, far different price points.

Ahhh... my brother bought a new ‘17 Tacoma Off Road. Great truck, but compared to a Land Cruiser as far as build quality, fit and finish, and strength of components, it made me accept that I could never own another Toyota other than a Land Cruiser.

When I tore into that Tacoma to build sliders for it, I felt like I was saying to myself soooo many times over, “well, looks like they saved money there, and there, and there.” But what did I expect, far different price points.

Sure, but I think $40k in parts (like Matt got) would help me accept the slight change in quality, for me at least.

But I'm not planning on selling, just getting antsy for something different.

Sure, but I think $40k in parts (like Matt got) would help me accept the slight change in quality, for me at least.

But I'm not planning on selling, just getting antsy for something different.

But Matt also got an LX 570 with the Tacoma...

The 4Runner and land cruiser are way higher quality than my Tejas built TRD Taco Pro

The 4Runner and land cruiser are way higher quality than my Tejas built TRD Taco Pro
Lot more bolt on options for the 4runners, tacos and tundras though. i think its the desire or itch to tinker, add and change that is driving people down this train of thought. I've myself considered (for about 10 seconds) getting a Tundra Crewmax, putting a UTE tray on it and getting a Four Wheel Campers flatbed for the winters, and the Norweld modular tray/ canopy for the spring and summers. Alas, maybe when the Diesel ones come out in 2018.

Well...
View attachment 1572851 View attachment 1572852 View attachment 1572853

Ok, now the back story.

And the bam!! The lift gate comes down on my head... because the axle housing fell off the jack!! Now most you guys know, I mean how many tires have I taken off in my life? 4,000? 5,000? A ton, that’s for sure, never had an accident in my life.

After the beating you've taken overseas...you can't be gittin done in my a tire swap!!

Glad you're (mostly) OK, my friend.

Lot more bolt on options for the 4runners, tacos and tundras though. i think its the desire or itch to tinker, add and change that is driving people down this train of thought. I've myself considered (for about 10 seconds) getting a Tundra Crewmax, putting a UTE tray on it and getting a Four Wheel Campers flatbed for the winters, and the Norweld modular tray/ canopy for the spring and summers. Alas, maybe when the Diesel ones come out in 2018.
when I am done with my Taco Pro in another year, I am going Tundra crewmax with front bench seat

I hate how tundra crew max looks with tiny bed and I much prefer tundra double cab with 6.5 or 8.5 bed

But I sat in both this weekend at dealership and now they crewmax comes with front bench, that’s my next low quality Toyota truck

Visited a friends cruiser yard today. Earthy patina. Moss grows phat on a rolling 40

IMG_4242.JPG

IMG_4243.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom