200 Series LRA Aux tank issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah, incorrect installation seems to be the issues. The plan is to take it to another shop here in San Diego and have it checked out before I head back to Baja.
Dude, what shop did you go to? SD Trux? The Truck Shop?

I've been less than impressed with The Truck Shop.

You keep saying "the same shop that did the install" please pass along so other Cruiser owners in San Diego are aware.

I may take it to SDTrux for a once-over to check the repair of the repair. They seem to have lots of fans here.

I may take it to SDTrux for a once-over to check the repair of the repair. They seem to have lots of fans here.
SDTrux is awesome and John is a straight shooter, please take to them. They’ve been great to my LCs the past 5 or so years.

Meaning The Truck Shop did your install originally...

SDTrux lost this former fan (me)…

Sorry to hear. They’ve lots of nice comments on the forum. Anything special to watch out for?

Not wanting to bash.

My suggestion would be to very carefully inspect before dropping off…and very carefully inspect after picking up.

Has to do with repeatedly NOT being told when mistakes are made in-shop, and ONLY finding out the hard way…three separate times…in succession.

I can VERY patiently handle mistakes. But when mistakes are repeatedly left mum… I’m out.

Maybe I got some coincidental string of newbies, or rogue helpers? But... 🤷🏻‍♂️

I have the 40 gallon LRA tank on my 2018. Install was done by Slee at their shop in Golden CO. When Slee does their installs they replace a LOT of material - All of the hoses, the pump, fittings, clamps and wiring.

I can't comment on the 12.5 but I have beaten the s*** out the 40 and it has been flawless. I have bounced the tank off of rocks, crossed hundreds of miles of desert without touching pavement, even gotten airborne a few times. The LRA tank has just worked like it was an OEM part of the vehicle. So far it's my favorite modification to the Land Cruiser.

I would pay very close attention to how the install was performed - pretty sure something is not right.

I have the 40 gallon LRA tank on my 2018. Install was done by Slee at their shop in Golden CO. When Slee does their installs they replace a LOT of material - All of the hoses, the pump, fittings, clamps and wiring.

I can't comment on the 12.5 but I have beaten the s*** out the 40 and it has been flawless. I have bounced the tank off of rocks, crossed hundreds of miles of desert without touching pavement, even gotten airborne a few times. The LRA tank has just worked like it was an OEM part of the vehicle. So far it's my favorite modification to the Land Cruiser.

I would pay very close attention to how the install was performed - pretty sure something is not

@wardharris seems to know a lot about these tanks. I’d like to talk, private message or somehow discuss my tank with him. Anyone know how to private message on this forum?

@wardharris seems to know a lot about these tanks. I’d like to talk, private message or somehow discuss my tank with him. Anyone know how to private message on this forum?
Click on the envelope icon between your profile pic and the notification (bell) icon. Then just message him using his Mud handle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom