For Sale 200 Series in Denver - Warning! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This weekend I went down to check out this 2009 200 Series at a local dealership with 110k for $37.5k. I was curious to see it because in the picture they have posted it looks pretty dirty. I called the sales guy who told me that it was a fresh trade from Tuesday, so they haven't had a chance to clean it up. That may have been the understatement of the century!

The exterior of the truck was dirty and generally rough with a decent size dent in the tailgate and mud/dust covering the whole thing. The underbody has scratches as well, and definitely just generally appears to have to been treated VERY poorly. The shock however came when I opened the passenger door. It was immediately apparent the prior owners smoked in the truck A LOT, and there were several empty cartons of cigarettes that literally fell out of the truck when I opened the door. It looked like a coke or something similar had spilled all over the passenger side of the interior and there was tons of trash everywhere. Spilled drinks on the console, sticky stuff everywhere, almost every knob was missing, holes in various places, the shifter knob had the wood finish scratched off, the subwoofer sounded blown, etc etc.

I was honestly shocked that anyone would show anything in that kind of condition, but I was glad to see what it was REALLY like. I still drove it because the sales guy was busy and said I could take it alone - which I truly think was because he didn't want to sit in it at all. After about 5 minutes of driving I was started to feel nauseous from how bad it smelled and had to drive with the windows down. Generally speaking, it felt like it was seriously beat on. The idle was a little rough and it made a slight ticking, and I couldn't get 4 Low to engage no matter what I did.

My suggestion if you're interested in this 200 is to run far, far away from this one. I walked in there hoping I would fall in love with it and drive it home, but I couldn't get back to my 100 fast enough! I'm sure this one wasn't indicative of most out there, but at this point I am so turned off to the experience I'm going to detail my 100 and enjoy knowing that it's well taken care of and solid.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...mt=[TOYOTA[LC[]][]]&listingId=385713360&Log=0

IMG_3097.JPG

IMG_3099.JPG

IMG_3100.JPG

IMG_3101.JPG

IMG_3102.JPG

IMG_3103.JPG

IMG_3104.JPG

IMG_3105.JPG

IMG_3106.JPG

IMG_3107.JPG

IMG_3109.JPG

IMG_3110.JPG

IMG_3112.JPG

IMG_3113.JPG

IMG_3114.JPG

If I have time I'll swing by again. Maybe I'll offer them 15k this time :)

On a positive note, they have Weathertech mats, so the carpet will be perfect. This is an example of why I think it's better to buy a used LX over a Landcruiser.

There's a Carfax posted on the Autotrader ad.

The sad thing is that the Carfax is totally clean and wouldn't raise any eyebrows. I'm going to post the VIN here in hopes someone interested in the truck will google it and find this info: JTMHY05JX94002633

You are a good man!

My mother would say "that pony has been rode hard and put away wet" :)

Thank you all very much. I am out of state and was considering buying this LC. I had my suspicions based on the photos and the low price, so I called. Tom the sales guy assured me that he was looking at it and there was no dent, no scratches or issues on the body, and that it had a very clean interior. Told me that it was a 1-owner and clearly cared for and garage kept. Tom was nonchalant and very convincing. I was seriously considering buying until I Googled the VIN and found this thread. Y'all saved me from a complete disaster. Thank you very much.

Thank you all very much. I am out of state and was considering buying this LC. I had my suspicions based on the photos and the low price, so I called. Tom the sales guy assured me that he was looking at it and there was no dent, no scratches or issues on the body, and that it had a very clean interior. Told me that it was a 1-owner and clearly cared for and garage kept. Tom was nonchalant and very convincing. I was seriously considering buying until I Googled the VIN and found this thread. Y'all saved me from a complete disaster. Thank you very much.

Glad to help! Don't want to discourage anyone from getting a good deal, but I can assure you this is no good deal. Good luck with your search and check the tech forums here for some more good advice!

Oh man, that is great to hear. Thanks mcgaskins!

Welcome to the site, jayco.

Yes that is great to hear! Jayco - Welcome to the community...the best place around.

JTMHY05JX94002633

Tom came through with pictures. Looks like they pulled out the dent and cleaned her up a bit. Offered me a "great deal" at $30,795

LC4.jpg

LC1.jpg

LC2.jpg

LC3.jpg

this reminds me on my dads 2011 4Runner Trail(or any of his other rigs in the past) He uses the heck out of his stuff, tools all over, food, water take good care of them mechanically, but not so cosmetically. he just has a way of beating the heck out of them seemingly without trying......

I drove his 4runner the other day for the 1st time, I felt like I need a shower(and my stuff is not clean), I had to take it to my place to vacuum and chip the granola bar and Cheetos leftovers out of the drivers area........gawd it was gross. 60K on it, looked about like the 100K on the one pictured

Dad never smoked though, but if he did and had a dog it would be something to see

mom on the otherhand, you can eat off her 97 40th.......

I bought a Yukon from the dealer where the 200 was at originally. I mentioned getting stuck in it and how best to death it was. The GM said that the woman who traded it in actually had the transmission rebuilt. I started laughing, maybe he was telling the truth? Who knows.

An absolute desecration. An example of people with more money than brains.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom