200 Series and Tundra wheels on 100 series photo thread (10 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Can anyone provide more info on these wheels? Seller says they are 2014 tundra wheels but I can’t look up any info on them?

0D870FF7-59D6-4C18-BC75-337C5F16AFD9.jpeg

They are for sure OE, can tell by the lug nut it accepts. Aftermarket wheels do not take OE Toyota mag wheel shank lugs (not many anyway) Toyota makes a lot of “region” specific models, I believe these are from a Texas edition truck.

Reactions: GTV
They are for sure OE, can tell by the lug nut it accepts. Aftermarket wheels do not take OE Toyota mag wheel shank lugs (not many anyway) Toyota makes a lot of “region” specific models, I believe these are from a Texas edition truck.
Those are Tundra TSS wheels and they're kinda-OEM, but not really. They are produced by an aftermarket company FOR Toyota Gulf States division, but they are not produced by Toyota. They came on Tundras with the Toyota Sport Series package. About the only OEM thing about them is they accept Toyota lugs.

Those are Tundra TSS wheels and they're kinda-OEM, but not really. They are produced by an aftermarket company FOR Toyota Gulf States division, but they are not produced by Toyota. They came on Tundras with the Toyota Sport Series package. About the only OEM thing about them is they accept Toyota lugs.
Thanks! Any idea about the build quality? Are they as good as OEM or more like after market quality?

Thanks! Any idea about the build quality? Are they as good as OEM or more like after market quality?
I would definitely say they are aftermarket quality. They aren’t going to fail on you by any means, but people have had issues with the finish degrading (chrome & paint peeling off).

Reactions: LCT
I would say that in order for Toyota to approve use they would have to be to OE standards. Hub centric, lug centric etc. Toyota is not going to approve the use of a wheel that would compromise safety. Only time you see that is when the truck is modified after it hits the dealership.
Toyota does not make wheels, no vehicle manufacturer does, all are sourced but have to follow strict OEM guidelines. Not easy getting contracted to build wheels for the OE. Not profitable either as they pay peanuts and want gold!

I would say that in order for Toyota to approve use they would have to be to OE standards. Hub centric, lug centric etc. Toyota is not going to approve the use of a wheel that would compromise safety. Only time you see that is when the truck is modified after it hits the dealership.
Toyota does not make wheels, no vehicle manufacturer does, all are sourced but have to follow strict OEM guidelines. Not easy getting contracted to build wheels for the OE. Not profitable either as they pay peanuts and want gold!

Right but aren’t all the TSS editions of Toyota trucks dealer installed packages?

DirtDawg nailed it. Not OEM Toyota. Part of a Gulf States Toyota (the official distributor of Toyota in the 5 States (TX, AK, OK, LA, MS)) distributor installed package. Guaranteed and warranted by GST not Toyota Motors.
Based upon them coming from GST, I would think they are better than most of the aftermarket wheels.

Right but aren’t all the TSS editions of Toyota trucks dealer installed packages?
I believe “region specific” packages are built by Toyota. Most manufacturers have region specific packages that are indeed manufacturer built for example Ford Super Duty offers plow package for north east with heavier wire diameter coils , deeper final drive and monotube dampers. Ram does heavy half tons for the north east that is hidden in the build sheet as a “heavy service package”. The TSS is an esthetics package but I believe it is built at the manufacturer and not the dealer (I could be wrong) I believe they leave dealerships to add only basic add ons such as door edge molding , wheel locks , pin stripe , bed extenders etc . I believe Toyota installed these wheels during production.

I believe “region specific” packages are built by Toyota. Most manufacturers have region specific packages that are indeed manufacturer built for example Ford Super Duty offers plow package for north east with heavier wire diameter coils , deeper final drive and monotube dampers. Ram does heavy half tons for the north east that is hidden in the build sheet as a “heavy service package”. The TSS is an esthetics package but I believe it is built at the manufacturer and not the dealer (I could be wrong) I believe they leave dealerships to add only basic add ons such as door edge molding , wheel locks , pin stripe , bed extenders etc . I believe Toyota installed these wheels during production.
Toyota gulf states is not a Toyota entity, but an American franchise. It is a region of dealers owned and operated under that name. They add aftermarket accessories to Toyota vehicles that are not added anywhere else. they added flares to our 100s, the have the branded TSS tundra package, and many more “special editions” that are not found anywhere else. They put these packages together and warranty them under their name. And they are installed after import or delivery.

Once again, not OEM. You can argue all you want, but they are packages only put together by this group. The above packages you mention are usually put together by the motor corporation.

Last edited:
Toyota gulf states is not a Toyota entity, but an American franchise. It is a region of dealers owned and operated under that name. They add aftermarket accessories to Toyota vehicles that are not added anywhere else. they added flares to our 100s, the have the branded TSS tundra package, and many more “special editions” that are not found anywhere else. They put these packages together and warranty them under their name. And they are installed after import or delivery.

Once again, not OEM. You can argue all you want, but they are packages only put together by this group. The above packages you mention are usually put together by the motor corporation.
Ohhh, I’m not arguing... sorry if that’s how you are taking it.. my knowledge is obviously not as advanced as yours when it comes to Gulf States packages... I know the 100series only got flares in southern states and I knew Texas specifically got a lot of Tundra’s and Tacoma’s with tire and wheel packages that are not available outside of Texas dealerships. The wheels being discussed can actually be purchased through a Toyota parts department as an OE wheel, that’s where my assumption came from! My apologies for offending you or challenging your Gulf State knowledge.

Ohhh, I’m not arguing... sorry if that’s how you are taking it.. my knowledge is obviously not as advanced as yours when it comes to Gulf States packages... I know the 100series only got flares in southern states and I knew Texas specifically got a lot of Tundra’s and Tacoma’s with tire and wheel packages that are not available outside of Texas dealerships. The wheels being discussed can actually be purchased through a Toyota parts department as an OE wheel, that’s where my assumption came from! My apologies for offending you or challenging your Gulf State knowledge.
Theres no global p/n for those wheels.

Welcome to the forum, we’re all a bunch of know-it-all’s. :flipoff2:

Theres no global p/n for those wheels.

Welcome to the forum, we’re all a bunch of know-it-all’s. :flipoff2:
LOL , I can respect that! I know a fair amount as well but can submit when it’s time too! Indeed that wheel shows as a Toyota OE option.. looked at it in on a computer in the parts department at Toyota Carlsbad (California) just got another 100 (an 01 with southern flairs lol) and wanted a hub centric wheel and that was an option! My buddy is the parts manager at that dealership... instead went with BORA spacers...

LOL , I can respect that! I know a fair amount as well but can submit when it’s time too! Indeed that wheel shows as a Toyota OE option.. looked at it in on a computer in the parts department at Toyota Carlsbad (California) just got another 100 (an 01 with southern flairs lol) and wanted a hub centric wheel and that was an option! My buddy is the parts manager at that dealership... instead went with BORA spacers...
Supply a part number, or we’ll have to agree to disagree. Pic of OEM tundra wheels supplied from Toyota global parts site just for fun. Does not include special edition wheels like rock warriors or TRD wheels (which there’s a p/n for).

C1BF1E61-5427-4E79-AF90-BDEB6A47FF0E.png

Supply a part number, or we’ll have to agree to disagree. Pic of OEM tundra wheels supplied from Toyota global parts site just for fun. Does not include special edition wheels like rock warriors or TRD wheels (which there’s a p/n for).

View attachment 2266217
I’m sure I could track down the part number if I wanted to but really not interested in doing it for the sake of “proving my point” I respect your opinion but this experience reminds me why I don’t comment on forums. I simply responded with what I knew to be accurate knowing what I was offered through Toyota dealer as an OE part. If I was looking for something to help someone that was wanted/needed help I would be all over it but for the sake of doing it to validate ones manhood not so much... congratulations on having more OEM wheel knowledge than me! I submit to your knowledge... have a great day! Be safe.

I’m sure I could track down the part number if I wanted to but really not interested in doing it for the sake of “proving my point” I respect your opinion but this experience reminds me why I don’t comment on forums. I simply responded with what I knew to be accurate knowing what I was offered through Toyota dealer as an OE part. If I was looking for something to help someone that was wanted/needed help I would be all over it but for the sake of doing it to validate ones manhood not so much... congratulations on having more OEM wheel knowledge than me! I submit to your knowledge... have a great day! Be safe.

I don't think @DirtDawg was being rude. Part number would greatly help. I spent a few hours trying to find it but wasn't successful.

I don't think @DirtDawg was being rude. Part number would greatly help. I spent a few hours trying to find it but wasn't successful.

TSS wheels are not manufactured by Toyota, they are procured (not even manufactured just distributed) by GST. So no they are not OEM. Unlike most aftermarket wheels, however, they are designed to be hub-centric AND utilize OEM lugs, the latter being the real kicker. Are they going to fall apart? Absolutely not. You will be fine to run them like any OEM wheel, but you also will not find a Toyota p/n for them.... And FWIW you could go to a Toyota dealer and find a TSS tundra on the lot with these wheels, but that does not make them OEM.

The point DirtDawg is trying to make is that they are not OEM, so they may or may not have the finish quality and long-term durability of a true OEM wheel. Its also doesn't mean they won't match OEM quality. If you liek em buy em, personally I have seen them cropping up a ton in Dallas lately and am not sure they would look very good on a 100.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom