200 Series and Tundra wheels on 100 series photo thread (15 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tundra and LC lugs are the same. I have read where others switched, but my research showed the same part number for both

@bozncsurf @Fitzgerald ... I have the Tundra SR5 wheels on my LX. I used the same "weird" stock lugs as in your picture (with the washer) on mine. Everyone I know that runs the Tundra wheels on LCs uses the stock lugs from their cruisers. I had the LX 18" wheels previously and they used the same stock lugs. They are all dinged up a bit, but they are solid. I figure I'll never replace them unless they break or strip out.

full

Hi guys, 2017 trd pro wheels, I have the front caps on now after viewing this thread.

This is so far my favorite rim for the 100. Please could you share more pictures? Different angles?

@geanes I picked up these wheels a few weeks back. Did y'all find the need to run spacers with the? Or were they pretty much good to go.

I ran 1.25" BORA spacers to get them even with the fenders. The BORA spacers are 1st class. So are the Spidertraxx from SLEE

Spacers1.JPG

Spacers2.JPG

Might be a better "stance" shot here with the Tundra wheels on the 1.25" spacers

IMG_0359.JPG

Can anyone say if I have the right nuts for these wheels? My old wheels had a recess and the nut had washer and was shaped smaller at the end.... these nuts have conical end (dorman conical), it just felt strange tightening them down, I was able to get them tight but was unsure of the nut engagement with the wheel. And I'd like to run a small spacer, I read .75" is probably lowest I can use?

View attachment 1584267 View attachment 1584265

These are my favorite wheels so far. I like the no caps and no bs look!

@bozncsurf

Awesome amount of info, thanks!

Any insight on the lug situation? Below is a pic of my stock lugs. Will the work fine for the Tundra wheels or are you guys going with a different lug?

View attachment 1622022

These babies are so dinged up I might be buying a whole new set of lugs either way. :D

You should just get M14x1.5 tapered lugs without the washer to run steel wheels. The angled part on the factory nuts is more to guide the nut into the wheel, and the washer is for retention. I’d bet the taper is different on proper steel wheel nuts.

Looks great! I’m on a phone so this may be in your signature but is everything else stock suspension? Other than an alignment did you have to do anything else after installing the spacers?

Didn't have to do any alignment at all. Stock AHC suspension.

Have not, just ordered spacers instead.

Have you tried the caps from the old wheels to see if they click into place? Mine did on the trd style wheels but I think I like yours better.
should of clarified, my LC came with 22" chrome wheels. so I didn't have the old ones to try otherwise I would of.

Users who are viewing this thread

• LCT
Back
Top Bottom