1vd swap (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I have been offed a rear ended 200 series was wondering if the 1vd fits into the 80 I would have the complete car so would swap the auto in to. Also I currently have a 1hdt auto that spun big end bearing and the trans is due for a rebuild so it’s tempting to try any help or links to other threads would be awesome

1vd meaning the v8 4.5 L diesel? I've been told it doesn't fit. TBH I have never seen in the engine bay of a 200 to compare the physical size of it's motor to that of an 80 with a turbo diesel. Only my venerable 1hz.

Yea the twin turbo v8. seen photos but no info on how it’s actually done. I don’t want to cut up the body and chassis to much

There's a good write up on one here

This was done a while ago, and it's into a 105series.
105 series is basically a 100 series body, on an updated 80 series chassis. Chassis is almost identical to 80 series.

I'm sure the 1vd-ftv will habe been put in 80 series. I'm not aware of any write ups

It has been done, and yes, it "fits". However, people skilled enough to do such a swap wouldn't be asking on a forum if "it fits".

This guy has one but a mechanic did the swap so he might not have too many answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom