1pz won’t start! Electrical?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

can only be cables or faulty new starter. Assuming cables run directly + to starter [no isolation solenoid] and - to engine , and assuming you did the hotwire correctly + to the solenoid start terminal.

Looooong shot, could be a loose nut on the new starter solenoid, not where the battery cable connects, the other one.
Both tight.. I’ve just taken off the ignition start cable that leads to the starter, and put a test light on and showing no power, is this correct? Will it only show power once cranked?

W
Yes.

The only other thing to try is connect a decent jumper cable from bat+ to the solenoid where the battery cable connects. In other words bypass the battery cable temporarily.
Then try the hotwire again. And try the same with the negative [bat- to engine or chassis].
Yes.

The only other thing to try is connect a decent jumper cable from bat+ to the solenoid where the battery cable connects. In other words bypass the battery cable temporarily.
Then try the hotwire again. And try the same with the negative [bat- to engine or chassis].
We’re getting somewhere! That Worked! Positive on starter to battery + and then with another set of jumper leads from
Battery + and to the starter ignition and it cranked! So that’s telling me my leads from starter to battery are rooted??

N
W

We’re getting somewhere! That Worked! Positive on starter to battery + and then with another set of jumper leads from
Battery + and to the starter ignition and it cranked! So that’s telling me my leads from starter to battery are rooted??
no my mistake it’s telling me somewhere to ignition is wrong…

No . Didn't you try the hotwire before with no success?

Leave the jumper cable connected and hook up your original starter solenoid start wire and turn the key. If it cranks then the battery cable is probably stuffed

Leave the jumper cable connected and hook up your original starter solenoid start wire and turn the key. If it cranks then the battery cable is probably stuffed
Sorry mate I ****ed up the hotwiring before and now with battery + to ignition it fires but other way round no. So power is getting there fine it’s just the igniting I’m having trouble with, once fired up, **** she was rattling like an old tractor god knows what else has happened.

Lol. looks like your getting somewhere. At least you might have a spare starter motor assuming the old one stil works.
I was starting to think you have a poltergeist infested truck.
Yup the old starter is back in now and a brand new one on my shelf (my ones getting on now anyway) so I’m thinking it’s possibly the little ignition cable that runs to starter off loom.. maybe hopefully there cheap lol

Check fusible links!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom