1kzte convert to manual pump (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi can anyone point me towards a thread (or provide the info) where someone has converted a 1kzte to a 1kzt? I am putting the 1kzte in my 70 to replace the 2lt so need it to all be mechanical.

Hi, it is perfectly possible. I swapped the original engine of my BJ 73 by an 1KZ-TE from a wrecked series 9. I also wanted a fully mechanical iron, therefore left the electronic injection pump behind and installed a mechanical one from an LJ 70 with 2L-T engine. This thing worked, but the poor pump did struggle to feed the relatively big 3-liter engine, and the car was not very dynamic. Then I could obtain a mechanical pump from a 4Runner with 1KZ-T engine, which was a direct replacement. The moral: an 1KZ-TE engine will admit mechanical injection pumps from either an 1KZ-T or a 2L-T. The latter will work as a temporary solution.

By the way, check your gear box if you are keeping it. In my case, the H55F of the BJ 73 would not match directly the 1KZ-T engine, and it was necessary to make an adaptor, as well as rectifyng the clutch disk.

Good luck!

Hi, it is perfectly possible. I swapped the original engine of my BJ 73 by an 1KZ-TE from a wrecked series 9. I also wanted a fully mechanical iron, therefore left the electronic injection pump behind and installed a mechanical one from an LJ 70 with 2L-T engine. This thing worked, but the poor pump did struggle to feed the relatively big 3-liter engine, and the car was not very dynamic. Then I could obtain a mechanical pump from a 4Runner with 1KZ-T engine, which was a direct replacement. The moral: an 1KZ-TE engine will admit mechanical injection pumps from either an 1KZ-T or a 2L-T. The latter will work as a temporary solution.

By the way, check your gear box if you are keeping it. In my case, the H55F of the BJ 73 would not match directly the 1KZ-T engine, and it was necessary to make an adaptor, as well as rectifyng the clutch disk.

Good luck!
Cheers cutrex good to know i have a possible temporary fix, i found someone else on here that had had their kzte pump converted to solely mechanical but this was carried out by a company in NZ ! so that might also be an option.
The 4runners are getting hard to come by over here now and making strong money/theres plenty of scammers also. So if i can utilse the 2lt pump or alter the kzte pump mores the better

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom