Builds 1HZ-T HZJ78 All-Climate Expo Build (2 Viewers)

DamoPeru

SILVER Star
Removed dcdc charger and replaced with winch solenoids
IMG_20190706_1534131.jpg

Positive from alternator from the post now going straight to crank battery
IMG_20190706_1538383.jpg

Top of battery now looking like this
IMG_20190706_1539568.jpg

DamoPeru

SILVER Star
To install the factory fuel solenoids in their rightful place, had to remove the box I'd installed there for the exhaust brake vacuum switch. With the prefilter being removed from it's rightful place to have one beside each tank pre solenoids, I fitted the exhaust brake vacuum switch where the prefilter lived. It's now unprotected but it's supposedly waterproof.

IMG_20190706_1551375.jpg

DamoPeru

SILVER Star
What remains in the engine bay is just improved intercooler piping, AC hosery and aftermarket sensors and wiring, which will have its own loom... EGT, boost, water temp, oil temp, oil pressure, fuel pressure and air temperature (outside or intercooler, undecided).

Why did you drop the DC DC charger?? Also, a winch solenoide may draw quite a bit of current and not be rated for continious operation. I'm not sold on the DC/DC unless you can afford a Lithium second battery .
G

DamoPeru

SILVER Star
Why did you drop the DC DC charger?? Also, a winch solenoide may draw quite a bit of current and not be rated for continious operation. I'm not sold on the DC/DC unless you can afford a Lithium second battery .
G
It wasn't going to work with my alternator to have a dcdc on the cranker, and it wasn't really necessary. When I bought two I thought I'd give it a go just to be different, see if I could make it work, but it was just adding layers of complexity to make it work, all just to get a little more life out of my cranker, not worth it. So I'll still have a dcdc on my auxiliary battery, and now I have a spare in case that dies.

The solenoid on my winch positive is rated to 1000 amps continous and up to 2000 for short spikes if I remember correctly. It won't draw anything when not in use, and the draw for the switch is negligible.

DamoPeru

SILVER Star
Damo bro , drooling over the gear going into this Truck! This thread is wicked!!!! following! Oh and Greetings from Papua New Guinea!!!🇵🇬
Cheers mate... I wish I had more time to work on it. Hope life is good in PNG!

Last edited:

DamoPeru

SILVER Star
Christmas update???? :)
Sorry, I haven't been on here in a while, and life has been getting in the way as usual... no photos unfortunately, but what i have ticked off the list are:
- new brake lines installed
- welded in factory seat mounts and made a seat mount adapter plate for the new seats that also includes a secret storage space under the seats
- redid diff and gearbox/transfer breather lines to an ARB unit under the bonnet
- removed windscreen to repair rust
- welded in eight 3mm floor plates with nuts for the rollcage bases
- welded in 12 full length strips with nuts along the full roof line, and a strip down the A pillar to bolt rollcage in along the roof as well
- added additional supports to bolt rollcage between floor and roof wherever possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom