1HZ HZJ73 Exhaust Removal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
ardnez.com
Anyone dealt with this exhaust pipe removal, the middle pipe is like a puzzle i cant figure out, how the heck do i remove it? And then i still have to put the new one in… damn.

FADD33B3-A6A6-4CBD-9D99-FCA60EBF0C07.jpeg

19080AEB-62BD-412B-A723-D7ECBC0C7FBC.jpeg

C77AE0F2-DF5C-4C03-A46F-E7783A17C02F.jpeg

Good info. I like threads like this which bring awareness to what I should expect when it is my time.

I need to address an exhaust issue already because the tail end of my exhaust is touching the support bracket of the kaymar bumper wing and sometimes will make an odd rattling sound at random times (not always). With my bad hearing, I had to get a friend help me trace it down.

Thanks for sharing this. My exhaust has multiple leaks and the muffler is rotten, so I have to replace mine as well. Where are you sourcing your new components from? Are you going custom? Are you thinking of going to 3"?

I'm looking forward to more posts here as more info = more easier :)

I was thinking of going custom but since the oem exhaust manifold and pipe are still available I opted for that option, and considering my 1HZ is not turbo I’m ok with the OEM 2.5 inch, I will post updates once i get it out with OGBenos recommendations. I use Megazip to source part #

Another recommendation just in case: I am not any arbiter of mechanical knowledge: please do not place upon me that responsibility. I am on MUD because I like to be here; please do not place responsibility of what you do mechanically on me.

And people wonder why I am an ornery human.
Haha, exactly why I said recommendations, and not instructions, appreciate your feedback. Your suggestions may work for me and not others and vice versa but thats ok, regardless, still helpful. Appreciate you.

When I did a 1hz conversion to a FJ73, my favourite exhaust shop had diagrams of all the landcruiser exhaust systems, so I got him to fabricate the HZJ73 exhaust for me. I could see the over the chassis part was going to be difficult to remove if I had to, so I had him add a joint somewhere above the transmission.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom