1FZ-FE Newbie w/big problem (no oil pressure) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have half a dozen of these wix filters that I now won’t use. I have been using the motor craft FL1A with good results.

^^^^^^ Yup. I've run the Motorcraft FL1A on my 80 series for at least the last 15 years, good performance. Use a FL400S on my 100 series.

I don’t even bother changing my own oil. I pull in to the Toyota dealership, hand them the keys, they change the oil, grease everything, top off windshield washer fluid, dispose of the old oil and filter, and hand me the keys back. An hour later I give them $30 and eat a mess of cookies and pie.

I can’t buy the filter and oil for $30.

I don’t even bother changing my own oil. I pull in to the Toyota dealership, hand them the keys, they change the oil, grease everything, top off windshield washer fluid, dispose of the old oil and filter, and hand me the keys back. An hour later I give them $30 and eat a mess of cookies and pie.

That's a pretty good deal. I still change my own, but I did ask a local place that I take my state car to what it would cost once. They balked at the 2 gallons of oil that they would have needed to sell me and quoted me $75. Yeah...sure...I'll be right back...:rofl:

If you can actually get this done for $30 including 8 QT of oil and a Toyota filter.....I'm going to your dealer for an oil change.....

Show me a copy of an invoice......... Exaggeration doesn't count here......

Here I will pay at LEAST $75.

View attachment 1633019

Case of 12 all have the same numbers. I may tear into one when I get a chance this weekend.

Take a pic down INSIDE the oil filter from the threaded hole to see if there is anything that can be seen visually from that part. Also, if you shake it, does it rattle?

I have been an avid Wix user for LOTS of years and this has me spooked now.

Wish I lived in the land of $30 oil changes - $85 CDN here in the great white north. And up here they charge you if they have to top up any fluids.

Take a pic down INSIDE the oil filter from the threaded hole to see if there is anything that can be seen visually from that part. Also, if you shake it, does it rattle?

I have been an avid Wix user for LOTS of years and this has me spooked now.

I will take a pic tonight when I pick up the filter from the mechanic - he was smart enough to save it and resisted the urge to cut it open.

Sucks to be you guys!

:flipoff2:

8B27A1C8-1833-4756-8188-44C093AE92C4.jpeg

@BILT4ME see you at CR Toyota for your next oil change! Hahahaha

@BILT4ME see you at CR Toyota for your next oil change! Hahahaha

Think I can drive there for the $45 difference?

You're only being charged $1.15 per quart of oil! I cannot even buy it that cheap!

You're getting a lover-in-law discount or something.........

AND they feed you pie and donuts? Is this a woman that's trying to seduce you? Looking for sodomy?

You're only being charged $1.15 per quart of oil! I cannot even buy it that cheap!

AND they feed you pie and donuts? Is this a woman that's trying to seduce you? Looking for sodomy?

Funny thing is, I didn’t even have to negotiate the price. That is their standard pricing+ for the extra oil. My Camry Hybrid cost $26.

Now you see why I never change my oil myself.

They also pull a sample for me each time for Blackstone. To the extent that the Service guys ordered some to have on hand for when I forget.

Service is not a lost art.

No kidding. I could probably wipe out $30 worth of pie each time. Nothing but blue sky at that joint...

Funny thing is, I didn’t even have to negotiate the price. That is their standard pricing+ for the extra oil. My Camry Hybrid cost $26.

Now you see why I never change my oil myself.

They also pull a sample for me each time for Blackstone. To the extent that the Service guys ordered some to have on hand for when I forget.

Service is not a lost art.

If I had a dealer here that did that, I would be ALL over it.

I had a deal a number of years ago that was $30 for the first 5 oil changes at a Dodge dealership, then the next 3 were free. I used them for my van......until they stripped the plug in the oil pan. Then s*** ain't free anymore and I don't care HOW cheap it is. I ain't playing that way.

You are truly lucky to have that.

Now, you've posted it in a public forum and all the rest of us have posted how much our oil changes are.....

We're sorry for your loss....... We screwed it up for you!

No kidding. I could probably wipe out $30 worth of pie each time. Nothing but blue sky at that joint...

Maybe we should all meet at his place. You're about 6 hours north and I'm about 5 hours south.......

Maybe we should all meet at his place. You're about 6 hours north and I'm about 5 hours south.......
Sounds good to me! I am thinking about getting out of town for a week for a little spring break soon. I would probably be just about perfect on my oil change schedule too. They should probably stock up on pie though...

Do you think they'll get suspicious when there starts to be a line of Land Cruisers at their dealership?

Do you think they'll get suspicious when there starts to be a line of Land Cruisers at their dealership?
Maybe they will treat it as a loss leader and use it as an opportunity to upsell us on blinker fluid exchanges and muffler bearing jobs the way most of the other oil change rackets operate. Only one way to find out!

Pie, cookies, popcorn, fountain soda, Starbucks. All free.

Come to think of it, maybe they have a backend deal with a diabetes drug company...or a gym.

If I had a dealer here that did that, I would be ALL over it.

I had a deal a number of years ago that was $30 for the first 5 oil changes at a Dodge dealership, then the next 3 were free. I used them for my van......until they stripped the plug in the oil pan. Then s*** ain't free anymore and I don't care HOW cheap it is. I ain't playing that way.

You are truly lucky to have that.

Now, you've posted it in a public forum and all the rest of us have posted how much our oil changes are.....

We're sorry for your loss....... We screwed it up for you!

Haha. It’s not a special price just for me. It’s standard!

I wonder if @Dudleyfj40 and @FIVEmanTR10 know this deal. I think Dudley changes his own oil. But he’s got two 80s. We had four combined at the dealer once. Counting Peter.

WTF is going on in Cedar Rapids Iowa that allows them to make a profitable $30 oil change using 2 gallons of oil? Wallyworld is about $16/gallon here in AZ and that is the house brand conventional stuff. And I thought the city had no redeeming qualities...I guess they figure it's not worth the work to have different prices based on the cost of materials used.

WTF is going on in Cedar Rapids Iowa that allows them to make a profitable $30 oil change using 2 gallons of oil? Wallyworld is about $16/gallon here in AZ and that is the house brand conventional stuff. And I thought the city had no redeeming qualities...I guess they figure it's not worth the work to have different prices based on the cost of materials used.

They charge more for the amount of oil used.

It could be part of their scheme to get people in. They have a “quick lube” department and then their service department. Maybe their hope is that people bring their cars their for oil changes and get in the habit so they go their when something bigger needs done.

Frankly, the dealership has treated me right since I was 16. They also sell me parts at “jobber” cost.

Over the years I’ve become friends with the GM. Good dude. Well run dealership.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom