1999 Toyota LC 2UZ-FE Knock sensor location (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I bought 99 LC this past summer. it has a check engine light on- for knock sensor. I have searched all IH8MUD site and internet for sensor's location. I looked on the driver side of the motor under the manifold and block. but didn't find it. does anyone know where exactly in the motor the sensor is located? Thanks

Under the intake in the engine block 'V'.

#16 & #17. Probably you should so a starter while you are in there if your LC has lots of miles.

knock sensor.gif

Very common for the knock sensor wires to be chewed by rodents

Right before they build a nest under the intake. ;)

I live 'out in the country' and its a constant battle to keep mice from chewing up the wiring on any vehicle or tractor that sits for any period of time.

Thanks for the diagram on this. All of my electrical connectors are getting crispy, and I snapped the plastic housing off the knock sensor when doing the starter today (3rd time replacing!) A little JB Weld ( don't judge) and said a little prayer, as I needed my truck back in service. Cranked her up, and all is well.

Is #18 the location for the temp sensor? Part # SU4007.

A078DD21-CB9E-419A-91DA-7BF6E0163E20.jpeg

Is #18 the location for the temp sensor? Part # SU4007.

View attachment 2161236

^^^
What you have pictured is the Coolant Temperature Sensor, it is located right next to the Coolant Temperature 'sender' (#18).
The Sensor has a green top (as pictured above) the Sender is Gray. The Sensor connector has two wires, the sender one.

Coolant sensors.jpg

@flintknapper Thank you. The thing has changed color over 20 years. Hopefully comes out without messing up the harness.

@flintknapper Thank you. The thing has changed color over 20 years. Hopefully comes out without messing up the harness.

That harness should come off OK, it's the one next to it (Gauge Sending Unit) that gets brittle and breaks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom