Builds 1997 LX450 Ute (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Those are all one hour project to do with less then $40 all in, so you should be knocking them out in a week or so. I'm really excited about that rack. I'd love to show you the setup I built for my Scrambler, but I don't want to crash the website with a jeep picture. I wish you lived closer. I'd love see this in person and even lend a hand! Keep us updated!

Some wiring tom foolery... I can't stand electrical stuff but I wanted the third brake light and the rear wiper to work. So, apart the harness came.

image.jpg

The bundle of red and white wires is all unused. Speakers, lights, etc. Once things are settled down I may find a use for some of the powered wires back in the bed.

Some more yohavos fab... welded up a little license plate bracket that incorporates the OEM license plate light:

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

My bucket of OEM bolts from every land cruiser I've ever owned supplied all the mounting hardware.

Last edited:
Then, on to some removable mud flaps... these will either be bolted or held on with tensioned hitch pins.

Loving my drill press!
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Hung the coveralls for the day. I'm pretty excited about my lights getting here tomorrow!
image.jpg

mike, build looks great man! can you share a photo of the back of those lights when you receive them please?

Pretty excited about these... They're bigger than expected, but I like em!

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Enjoying this thread a lot. Keep it up

The drill quit on me before I was done, but they're wired and working. I'll punch a few more holes and finish bolting these up soon.

Happy with the license plate light, too.

image.jpg

Where did you source the TEQ flaps from?

Awesome. I, too, love those mudflaps and will probably have to snag a set for mine. This thing is nearly done, eh? I usually end up skipping the final steps because I want to driiiiivveee!

How do you like the monstaliner so far? did it helped hide any imperfections in the bodywork?

Thanks for the link, much appreciated!

Awesome. I, too, love those mudflaps and will probably have to snag a set for mine. This thing is nearly done, eh? I usually end up skipping the final steps because I want to driiiiivveee!

How do you like the monstaliner so far? did it helped hide any imperfections in the bodywork?

Yeah, the interior needs a little more attention, but I'm on the same kick... I just want to drive! I need to do some short sides so I can just toss stuff in the back and go.

The monstaliner did a decent job hiding some of the imperfections. I spent some time with bondo work for the worst of it which was well worth it, I think, though there are a few places I could have spent some more time on. Of course, I could have just been more patient and done better metal work, so that's a self-perpetuating "shoulda, coulda" scenario.

I'm happy with the monstaliner, for sure. I'm kind of wishing I hadn't gone tan and done something more fun like blue or red, but I still like it!

You guys both happy with the fox? Planning on upgrading next spring and need to start a budget now.

Same here. Also 2.0 vs. 2.5. Have med ome with some weight (fr bumper winch, drawers, tools)

Fox 2.0s work well on 5200lbs or under. 2.5s would probably be better on anything 5500lbs and heavier.

But really it depends what type of use you are planning.:
- higher speed washboards type regular use- long baja trips- 2.5s would likely be better with a heavier rig.

Yohavos- have u taken your rig to a scale?
- and how long is that bed? 6ft?

Last edited:
I love the ICONS but just can't budget that kinda coin, $2K+ for 4 corners with a stage 2 kit, so I was considering FOX as a happy medium, and from what I can tell there is no remote reservoir that Fox makes for the 80.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom