Builds 1996 LX450 6.0L LQ9 Swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Does this adapter keep the transfercase in the stock location thus negating the need for driveshaft and crossmember mods? Sent from my iPad using IH8MUD
precisely!

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

Hey did marks fix the tcase shifter mount plate? I had to work mine over a good bit to get the holes to line up.
no lol... I actually end up cutting the plate and re-welding in the a better location. Idk why they did that..

Adapter is on the transmission and ready for the tcase. 1FZ and auto is coming out tomorrow of the Lexus. 6.0L and transmission to follow.

A line from an old movie "i'm sporting a large woody"...:D

Anyone recall the name of the movie?

I didn't see it mentioned so I assume the stock t-case is being retained?
Great info. :cheers:

We need an LS swap FAQ! LOL.

I've got quite a comprehensive list of required parts and pricing information. Window shopping is fun, but I can't wait to get down to business.

Glad to see another one going down! :popcorn:

"Tremendous woody!!"

Just wondering if you guys have to deal with any state smog emission testing like we have here in California?
I keep contemplating it since you guys seem to make it more and more seamless each time. Are you guys ditching the emissions and editing the software?

I would like a light tow rig, however I don't need another vehicle. So adding a V8 would be nice. I like the power of the cruiser (4.88's and 315's) except when there is big hills and elevation.
I was under the impression that Commiefornia had more requirements for an engine swap to be street-legal, as in the engine had to come from a certain type and aged vehicle in order to be legal. Is that so? I'd love to get a V8 under the hood and be 100% legal here...

I was under the impression that Commiefornia had more requirements for an engine swap to be street-legal, as in the engine had to come from a certain type and aged vehicle in order to be legal. Is that so? I'd love to get a V8 under the hood and be 100% legal here...
Nope. Just need to take it to a "ref" (state emissions inspector) and meet the emissions standards of either the motor or the vehicle, whichever is newer (stricter). Should be a breeze really as long as motor/donor vehicle was legal in CA. (For instance you put a 2003 Chevy motor into a 79 fj40, you need to meet the emissions req of the 03 chevy. You put the 79 fj40 motor into the 03 Chevy truck, still need to meet the 03 Chevy truck emissions req.)
And I should add Jose, that I would be very interested in doing this swap with/alongside you... Ive got a cherry picker and engine stand...

Last edited:
Finnyfam60 is correct! Let me know when your ready for some ponies under the hood to move that beast :)

Did a little work today... Stock drivetrain is now out and ready for the heart transplant. I decided to just pull the drivetrain in one piece and remove the harness out of the rig. Saves connectors from breaking... Tomorrow engine bay gets cleaned up and frame ready for welding. More pics tomorrow.

image-1758618286.jpg

image-3319272990.jpg

Mmmm hmmmmm

You are rolling right along. Did you ever get the tach working on your rig?

You are rolling right along. Did you ever get the tach working on your rig?
Yup chug alugging along.. Yes my tach works. My motor loves pinning out the tach at WOT ;)

Yup chug alugging along.. Yes my tach works. My motor loves pinning out the tach at WOT ;)

You gotta stop saying stuff like this or youre going to ruin my marriage!!

You gotta stop saying stuff like this or youre going to ruin my marriage!!
Seriously first time I drove it after getting it tuned it scared me when I mashed the pedal to the floor. Had to tighten my grip on the steering wheel, like reigns on a horse :)

Seriously first time I drove it after getting it tuned it scared me when I mashed the pedal to the floor. Had to tighten my grip on the steering wheel, like reigns on a horse :)

Some-a-bich!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom