For Sale 1996 LX450 163K miles on engine. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

For Sale: My wife's 1996 Lexus LX450

Mileage on engine: 163,000, I replaced the engine in July 2014, the replacement had 120,000 on it when I put it in.

Mileage on chassis: 269,000.

This was my wife’s daily driver since 2008, but now it is time to move on. My daughter is going to school in DC and while the LX450 has been a reliable beast, it is time to put her in something newer and more comfortable for the long trips.

The original engine blew in 2014 at 228,000 miles. When I put the “new” engine in I put in quite a few new items just for reliability’s sake (it was my wife’s after all).
  • Water Pump
  • Radiator
  • Thermostat
  • Radiator hoses
  • Starter
  • Distributor
  • Alternator
In the last year or so it has gotten the following parts:
  • Idler pulleys
  • Belts
  • Fuel Injectors
  • Complete ignition tune up, cap, rotor, wires and plugs
  • Front calipers and pads
It has 4 matching Goodyear Wranglers radials (265/70-16). They are all in great shape, fronts have probably 2/3 tread left, rears ¾. I didn’t rotate them like I should.

All Fluids are Amsoil: Transmission, front and rear differentials, transfer case, power steering, and engine oil.

Some of its best features:
  • Factory front and rear diff locks, and they work

• Runs great, idles smooth, never overheats, just a good running truck.

• Rust free body and underside, check out the pics.

• Cold AC

• 3rd row seats

What’s wrong

• Front bumper is pushed in, my wife bumped a guy in traffic a few months ago, but he had a trailer hitch. These front bumpers are made out of tissue paper anyway, guess who won? Cosmetic only, no other damage.

• Paint is just OK, in some areas the clear is getting hazy.

• The seats are not great, the fronts are from a landcruiser (non power) and have been recovered, but are just OK. Rears are OK, but have some tears and the leather is not great, 3rd row is OK.

• The driver side rear window does not work off of the driver’s door switch, works fine on its own.

• ABS light is on. I have not diagnosed it.

• It has a check engine light which codes out for “Low EGR Flow” I put on a new valve and sensor, but have never been able to get the code to completely go away. The passage in the upper intake is clear, I made sure of that when I changed the injectors. Doesn’t seem to impact how it runs, it has been throwing that code off and on for the last 4 years.

I am asking $7500 for this truck. If you look around and try and find one with 163,000 miles on it, you will probably pay way over $10K, and remember this one has the very desirable diff locks and is rust free. Call Andy at 407-234-0771 and let’s talk. Truck is located in Apopka, FL, just north of Orlando. Thanks for checking it out.

SAM_5192.JPG

SAM_5193.JPG

SAM_5195.JPG

SAM_5196.JPG

SAM_5190.JPG

Had quite a few looks, but no nibbles on this truck yet. What is it worth? lets talk, I am open to offers.

Thanks

Ok, looks like I need to put a lower number on it. Anyone interested at $5900?? Any more info that anyone needs? I want to move this, its not doing me any good sitting in the driveway. Make me an offer.

Thanks for looking.

Matrix,

I did a valve cover gasket, rear main, and resealed the power steering pump when I put the engine in. I would love to tell you the motor is bone dry but is does have some "seeps", probably could use an oil pan gasket (I didn't change that) but its not awful. It is regularly parked in the same spot in the driveway and didn't leave any calling cards (no oil slick).

Come on guys someone out there needs this LX, make me an offer.

Thanks

OK guys getting some more interest as the price goes down.

Just put a new battery in (old one was just under three years, gotta love the warranty).

Price drop $5750.

Ok guys, really need get rid of this LX450, any one interested at $5000, make me an offer, this is a rust free, great running truck with a great service history and most or all of the wear items replaced. Great place to start for an off roader, and it has the auto lockers. Someone has got to need this truck. Thanks for looking.

Bump, Getting lots of interest at $5000, this is a great running well maintained LX450 with working lockers, great driver, who is going to pull the trigger first?

Thanks for all the interest.

I've got a front bumper you can have for free. That might help sale. That front pic is a distraction. Or I'd give you $4500 for it as it sits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom