For Sale 1996 GT35R Land Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Mileage
Color
black
Selling my black 96 turbo land cruiser ~235k miles. Videos, modifications are heavily documented in the budget turbo thread.

Builds - DIY FJZ80 Low Budget Turbo Build

Many many mods, truck is done right.

Dyno:
Stock N/A was 155hp/219tq
8.7psi was 285hp 339tq
10.5psi was 295hp 357tq

Only "major" negatives I can think of is that there is rust here and there and the rear pan arch seal is leaking. If I were to keep the truck I would probably pull the engine and refresh it, or just run it until it dies and then go from there.

I have quite a few spare doors, hatches, hoods also if interested.

(10/6/16) Asking 8k, open to offers. Located 1.25 hours north of Chicago. Any questions just ask

lc2.jpg

Last edited:
Any engine bay pics, build thread/specs, etc? A turbo was the next major upgrade for the cruiser, but I don't necessarily need the rest of the truck...although I suppose there are ways around that.

After reading your build thread it'd be a shame to send it to the crusher. I'll root around for a cheap/free place to park it and see what I can come up with in the next week.

Going from asking $8,000 to scraping it? Hell if you're gonna crush it I'll give you $500 and come get it now.

Last edited:
On the build thread you mentioned:

The turbo land cruiser really needs a fresh engine put in. It has 240k on it and leaks oil like crazy. Front, rear main seals, oil pan maybe. Last time I towed my car 400 miles there was engine oil all over the underbody, spare tire, rear diff, trailer, etc, lol. It just drips/leaks and sprays backwards. Typical high mileage stuff. So that's another huge undertaking.

is this still an issue?

How much does it leak every 1k miles?

Maybe you guys are looking at this differently than I am. If you look at the parts list lilevo has on his build page, you're looking at ~$4800 not including the downpipe + exhaust, or labor for install and tuning. This thing is basically ready to roll, but it's on a rusty truck with an engine that needs a rebuild. If you have a rust free truck that has a strong engine, this is basically like buying a 100% complete turbo kit but it's still attached to a vehicle.

I cannot find anywhere to park it to do the swap unfortunately (neighbors called the local PD on me last time I tried it) so I'm probably out unless I can miraculously pull a favor in the next couple of days, but someone should seriously snag this before it gets crushed.

I deleted my last dumb post guys. After looking at the build thread most of my questions were answered.

You're right 4rings....it's a good deal the way you are looking at it.

Lilevo you did a cool project. I hate to see it go to scrap. I'm sure the thought pisses you off too. I forget when your leaving but I'll go back and look at your post. I'll make you an offer if I have time to scratch my head a day or two, find a shipper that can deal with it and get the costs and see what I can work out with you.
The time period sucks because finding a hauler can take a few days. They put it on a internet bulletin board and a hauler that has a space to fill will take it. At least that is the way they did mine 2 months ago.

Well at this point it looks like we have someone lined up to use the rest of it as a project so it'll stay on the road, assuming we get it out to CO. I shot you my # to make communication easier.

Last edited:
Still have it. I see rust bucket 80 series trucks going for 8-10k on marketplace with 300k+ Less rusty for 10-14k.

I have this advertised for 15k on club lexus which is probably the wrong venue for it and probably too expensive so I'm back to the 8k range.

Also have various other Toyotas/Lexus that are for sale for the right price if anyone reading this is interested in a package deal, individually, or knows anyone.

I am loathing trying to sell them all individually on different forums and posts. Wish there was a way to snap my fingers and have it all go.

2013 500hp Tundra S/C, 55k miles
2012 600hp IS-F S/C 120k miles
2007 GX470 pearl white/gray/black trim 120k miles
2007 LS460L executive with ottoman, 120k miles
1994 FZJ80 green triple locked plow truck, 115k miles
1992 ES300 manual transmission, mint condition, 200k

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom