1996 FZJ80 Build - "The $800 LC" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all!

After driving by an old friends auto garage/dismantler I spotted an FZJ80 sitting with weeds growing through it. Drove by for weeks and never moved. So one day I go in and ask him what the story was. It had been a customers who gave it to his grand daughter to drive and she had ran it out of oil and seized the engine :banghead: Other than that it had been running 7 months prior.

Long story short, after offering him $800 to be funny. showed up the next day, loaded it onto a trailer, followed it home and now it has become the newest project.

The plan is to pull the engine completely and install a used one that I have gone through. I'm fairly decent with cars, been doing engine work/repairs for awhile as well as other things so not nervous about that but would like any advise from someone who has done a full rebuild/restoration, cuz lawd knows she'll needs some TLC :deadhorse:

Any help/advise where to get good parts or cheaper parts would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers! :beer:

IMG_6135.jpg

IMG_6090.jpg

Cool score! Cheap parts?? Haha!! Partsouq in the UAE has about the best prices I’ve found and even with shipping from the Middle East they still beat most. There are many online Toyota parts dealers that save up to about 30% but then shipping costs, I’ve ordered a lot from McGeorge Toyota online parts. Due to shipping, making small orders online isn’t all that cost effective. For small orders I go to my local dealer where I’ve made a deal to get 15% off a few years ago but the cheap ass new manager cut it down to 10% a few months ago.

Holy Cow! What a deal! Congrats!

Get the title in your name before you spend one dime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom