1995 month of manufacture on non-US 80 Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

de-code it at

www.toyodiy.com

Cheers

You'll find the VIN on the frame near the passenger front tire. As suggested, put the VIN into ToyoDIY and it will give you the month and year.

de-code it at

www.toyodiy.com

Cheers

That was helpful. But it says "From" and "To" dates, but it doesn't say what those refer to. Is that definitely Date of Manufacture dates, so that my Land Cruiser could not have been manufactured before 4/1996? Seems impossible to me! All of my documentation otherwise says it's a 1995!

CaptureLC.JPG

09/96 according to ToyoDIY

Search by VIN or Frame #: VIN entering help

Market
Japan,Europe
Year
09/1996
Make
TOYOTA
Model
LAND CRUISER
Frame
KZJ95

Vehicle characteristics
ENGINE:1KZTE:3000CC DIESEL TURBO
TRANSMISSION:ATM:AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION
NO.OF DOORS:5D:5-DOOR
COLOR CODE:K02
TRIM CODE:

Search Results
VIN*Model codeFromToFrame Characteristics
101960091..KZJ95W-GKPST04/1996 -07/2000KZJ951KZTEATM5D
Click here to continue

How do you know that where ToyoDIY indicates "Year" it actually means "Date of Manufacture"...wouldn't the ToyoDIY site state that's indeed the case that if that's what it meant? Or is there some reference as to the precise definition of "Year"?

CaptureLC2.JPG

How do you know that where ToyoDIY indicates "Year" it actually means "Date of Manufacture"...wouldn't the ToyoDIY site state that's indeed the case that if that's what it meant? Or is there some reference as to the precise definition of "Year"?

View attachment 2450830

That's what it means. Every Land Cruiser I have ever run the VIN on through this website matched the manufacturer data plate date. Why do you think it's not correct? Is it because it is registered as a 1995?

Edit: Actually every Toyota I have looked up has matched as some were not Land Cruisers.

That's what it means. Every Land Cruiser I have ever run the VIN on through this website matched the manufacturer data plate date. Why do you think it's not correct? Is it because it is registered as a 1995?

Edit: Actually every Toyota I have looked up has matched as some were not Land Cruisers.

Because I have documents that were printed for this car, for this VIN that were printed many months before that date, and so they would have had registration papers before the Land Cruiser even existed if ToyoDIY "Year" is the actual Date of Manufacture. For example I have one from its registration in Germany: genehmigt eu genehmigungsnummrt/-datum / 01.03/1996 Unless.....someone got a hold of Stewie's Time Machine!

Because I have documents that were printed for this car, for this VIN that were printed many months before that date, and so they would have had registration papers before the Land Cruiser even existed if ToyoDIY "Year" is the actual Date of Manufacture. For example I have one from its registration in Germany: genehmigt eu genehmigungsnummrt/-datum / 01.03/1996 Unless.....someone got a hold of Stewie's Time Machine!

Well I speak pretty fluent German but unfortunately I can't help you with that. Let us know when you figure out the date and report back. I'm not saying ToyoDIY is infallible but it has matched all of mine perfectly.

Of course it is odd that you don't have a data plate...and your papers don't seem to match the VIN (maybe, maybe not). I lived in Germany and the UK and I'm pretty sure all my vehicles had data plates, including a 2005 Land Cruiser.

Here's an example of my '97 80:

Vehicle characteristics
ENGINE:1FZFE:4500CC EFI
COLOR CODE:1A5
TRIM CODE:LB42

Search Results

JT3HJ85J..FZJ80L-GNPEKA08/1992 -12/1997FZJ801FZFEATM
Click here to continue

1601463369627.png

Well I speak pretty fluent German but unfortunately I can't help you with that. Let us know when you figure out the date and report back. I'm not saying ToyoDIY is infallible but it has matched all of mine perfectly.

Of course it is odd that you don't have a data plate...and your papers don't seem to match the VIN (maybe, maybe not). I lived in Germany and the UK and I'm pretty sure all my vehicles had data plates, including a 2005 Land Cruiser.

Here's an example of my '97 80:

Vehicle characteristics
ENGINE:1FZFE:4500CC EFI
COLOR CODE:1A5
TRIM CODE:LB42

Search Results
JT3HJ85J..FZJ80L-GNPEKA08/1992 -12/1997FZJ801FZFEATM
Click here to continue

I DO have a data plate (metal, original, riveted) in the engine compartment, and it has the VIN and a bunch of other information but NO Date of Manufacture. What I don't have is a sticker or plate on the door-side or body-side of the door (jamb). The metal data plate in the engine compartment says this:

N.V. TOYOTA MOTOR EUROPE MARKETING & ENGINEERING S.A. e 6*93/81 *0023*00 then the VIN then 4 weights in KG then the MODEL KZJ95L-KGMNTW then ᶜ/TR/ᴬ/TM and a long code then a big B on the bottom right

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom