Wanted 1995-1997 land cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looking for a 1995-1997 Toyota Land Cruiser in the greater Hampton Roads area of Virginia(Chesapeake). Prefer it to be stock with around 200k miles max. It doesn't have to have lockers but of course that's a huge plus. It needs to be these specific years because of air bags.
Thanks!
John

You're gonna be scraping the bottom of the barrel for that budget. Rust, head gasket, electrical issues are virtually assured.

Just offering you a healthy dose of reality.

You're gonna be scraping the bottom of the barrel for that budget. Rust, head gasket, electrical issues are virtually assured.

Just offering you a healthy dose of reality.
Every once in a while they do come up. Just saw one in Florida that sold for about 5900. Real clean truck. They exist. Patience is a virtue. I do know I'll probably spend about 7500 to 8000 for a solid running DD. I have 9 months to find one

This may be a reach, I have a 96 with 254k you may or may not be interested in. Has check engine light on for 40401 emissions/egr. And needs front breaks/rotors/calipers. And I’m in Long Island Ny.
It has the fancy factory lockers

This may be a reach, I have a 96 with 254k you may or may not be interested in. Has check engine light on for 40401 emissions/egr. And needs front breaks/rotors/calipers. And I’m in Long Island Ny.
It has the fancy factory lockers
NY is definitly far for me and I need it more daily driver ready. Thanks for posting the reply though!

Thesteelstring,
take your time and search Craigslist and you WILL find a Toyota LC or Lexus LX450 for the price range you posted. Patience!
I just bought a 1997 LX450 off Craigslist in Boise ID. a couple weeks ago for $4300.00. It had been posted for 12 hours when I found the ad. Its a 2 owner truck with log books of every fuel up and oil change, maintenance and repair receipts from day 1. The gentleman I purchased it from was 68 and had owned it for 17 years. He even gave me the contact Info. from the original owner. It is in WAY above average condition with 186000 miles....drivers seat isn't even torn!
I get on Craigslist daily and start searching from Tulsa OK. (home) and then start moving outward in my search. It took me 4 days, 47 hours of driving on a 3259 mile round trip but it was like a mini vacation (except for getting caught in a snow/ice storm between Ogden UT. and Rock Springs WY.) and the trip cost Approx. $1650 in diesel and hotels. But......I have a well maintained vehicle, owned by older people who did actually keep it up with a good preventative maintenance schedule and didn't abuse it.
I have "missed" a few in the $3500.00 price range that were one owner trucks, had records and or log books and a couple even had lockers. These are the ones sold by the original owners who check Kelly Blue Book or NADA to get the value and put 'em up for sale.
I'm retired now and just piddling so I'm going to start buying and selling some of these for something to do and make a buck.
PS, I get a KICK out of the ones who spay 4 cans of flat black on the underside and say "No Rust"! Personally, I would stay away from those types of sellers.
You my friend will find a comparable truck and possibly even get a better deal than I did!

I been doing exactly that. Scouring Craigslist and Facebook marketplace. There have been a couple good deals that get snatched up in a heartbeat. I wish I could take a 2 or 3 day stint to go off to a other part of the country to grab some deals but this past month I've been locked 2nd shift working everyday.
Someone on here said you don't choose a land cruiser, the land cruiser chooses you lol I think that may be true. Some of these vehicles I see I feel I could get away with getting even with high mileage but I don't get that feeling like it's the one.
I have realized things while looking though, I want to start off with a bone stock truck. Some rigs I see are nicely built but there is something to be said about having a factory truck the way Toyota intended it to be.
I'm still looking for the right one. The search continues.
Thanks for sharing Dunkin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom