For Sale SOLD - 96 LX450 - Lancaster, PA - $5500 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Asking $5500 for a clean ’96 LX450 located in Lancaster PA. Truck is NOT factory locked and has 219k miles.

If you are looking for a reliable 80/450 that you can get in and drive, this is your truck. I don’t hesitate to drive it anywhere. It is pretty much stock and unmolested and it was used for our family vehicle.

The truck is in way better condition than would be expected for a PA truck of this age. It isn’t perfect, but it is a darn nice truck. I have owned it for the past 6 years / 60,000 miles. I have done a lot of maintenance on it to keep it up, but it was time for something newer for our primary family vehicle. We just purchased a lovely ’04 GX470 and the LX450 needs a new home.

The paint is pretty good. Other than a spot of bubbling paint above the windshield which has looked the same in my 6 years of ownership, there is no significant rust on the truck. The hood was just painted because the clear coat was peeling. The tops of the flares are fading a little – I replaced the flare gasket on the front passenger corner because it was dry rotted and cracking. The truck has survived well, but it does have normal wear and tear (small scratches) expected on a 22 year old vehicle that was used daily. From 20 feet away, it looks exceptional, from 5 feet away it looks good.

It is relatively leak free. It burns a little oil and has since I purchased it at 160k miles. I’d put it around a quart every 3k miles. It drives and shifts well. It just passed PA inspection last month, there is nothing in need of immediate replacement.

Here are additional detailed PICTURES

Here are some details:
  • 219k miles
  • The truck just passed PA inspection last month
  • Kumho 285-75-16s (slightly oversized) tires with good tread
  • Factory suspension height – not lifted
  • Factory wheels in decent condition – a little clear coat peeling but they shine up nice.
  • 3rd row seats included
  • Upgraded stereo head unit to a JVC with Bluetooth
  • Hitch
  • Comes with two keys and one keyless remote
  • Non-smoker
IMG_4109.JPG

IMG_3977.JPG

20180129_121300.jpg

IMG_4063.JPG

IMG_4011.JPG

Maintenance Items:
  • Just replaced seat adjuster gears on both front seats (common problem related to aging plastic parts)
  • Replaced front seat leather in 2014, JUST finished installing the 2nd row leather (from MetricTLC) that I had in a box and never installed because I wanted to wait until my kids were a little older and less messy…
  • New AC compressor, dryer, all o-rings and a fresh purge and charge last summer
  • Radiator, water pump, thermostat replaced in 2013 with purge and fresh Toyota red coolant. Was a PM thing – there was no issue.
  • Charcoal canister replaced 3 years ago
  • Removed the hitch, running boards, and rear air deflector 5 years ago and had them sand blasted and powder coated and they are still looking great.
  • Plugs, wires, cap and rotor replaced in the past 6 months
  • Battery is a year old
  • Front knuckles rebuilt 5 years ago including seals, knuckle bearings, and wheel bearings. Birfields were cleaned and repacked – they still click a little from a stop on a sharp right hand turn.
  • Valve cover gasket replaced two years ago
  • New O2 sensors last year along with new muffler 2 years ago (original cats)

Known issues:
  • Power Antenna has not worked since installing the aftermarket stereo – but did work until that point. I never bothered to figure out why.
  • Spot of paint bubbling above windshield
  • Clearcoat on roof
  • Clearcoat on rear hatch
  • Clearcoat on passenger fender
  • My wife clipped a street sign when getting the mail – front driver bumper corner is scratched
  • It has a blown speaker in the passenger rear door.

Last edited:
I PM'd the VIN to you.

There is a link in the first post with pictures of the undercarriage.

There is very little rust. The frame is surface rust only. I am very good about cleaning off the underside in the winter - not sure if that is what saved it or not.

It was immaculate when I bought it 6 years ago. I looked at a bunch before finding this one locally and was amazed at how clean it was underneath.

Just a note here to vouch for the character of the seller. I've known Andy a long time and wouldn't hesitate to believe anything he says about this Lexus. If I didn't have so many vehicles right now I'd be interested!

Just a note here to vouch for the character of the seller. I've known Andy a long time and wouldn't hesitate to believe anything he says about this Lexus. If I didn't have so many vehicles right now I'd be interested!

Thanks Gary! Your check is in the mail :hillbilly:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom