Builds 1994 1hz 80 series ZOMBIE (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

finished the gearbox rebuild...unfortunately no images ....was too busy at work past few days....

will try to pass by tomorrow to get u images of the chassis maintenance and body work..

hi all....

just came back from the shop(S)...last week we had a major sandstorm..so most of the work was delayed.

engine had to go through new piston installation....bills just keep growing...but thats how mechanics are everywhere i guess...they say we just need to change this....once the engine is open...they "surprise" u with 200 OTHER small things u need to do to change that ONE thing....

anyways....its worth it....once this is all done i KNOW i wont need another 'major' job for the coming 10 years or so.....just keep the filters clean and change the oil....

will post images of body and chassis when i get home....looking awesome so far......not saying that it wasnt awesome to start with :D

ok...as promised....the images so far

the sheet metal weld to the rear heater
ch8.jpg

the body so far....waiting in line
ch7.jpg

and i cant remember if i posted these......but here goes anywayz :D
l1.jpg

a bit more wiring to mess with @scottryana @Boltripper and @BILT4ME
l2.jpg

the bulbs that come with it could be used as "standby" so i will be upgrading them soon...not so rigged as a whole build once u get them in your hands....but i will try to find a way to add support....not really required...but a "just in case" solution

heeeey....its been 2 months now (local time that is)..... and 11k views....wow...hope that on our 3rd monthavirsary the cruiser and i are somewhere really dirty....with dates....yep...desert and palm dates that is :D

What color will it be when done? Green for the Hulk? Gray with an outline of brains? Each panel a different color for Frankenstein?

I would assume that since it is so hot where you are that you'll go light colors.....

@BILT4ME ..... would love to use a lighter colour..BUT...traffic police here charge a very high rate for colour change....so im doing the "lightest" dark grey out there... i previously posted the colour im going for....but here it is again

colour.jpeg

updates:

1- engine rebuild completed. few "minor" OTHER parts required...mainly the air thingy that goes to the brake thingy.
2- body waiting in line for paint. Tuesday i get it out "HOPEFULLY"
3- got a new (to me) set of keys...ignition, front doors and rear hatch...they call them USA keys..the ones with the internal groove not the old standard ones.
4- will start work on the dashboard and doors maybe tomorrow...we are having minor sandstorms these days...working outside is either toooooo hot or dusty...this morning we reached 50 celcius..... :(

did a draft 3D of the center console...taking the original as a base for measurements

cons1.jpg

advice/comments welcome.....

tomorrow taking them some oil and diesel for the engine....will try to get a video upload of the engine running and some photos of the car body work....btw...the two workshops are MILES away....in this heat....i should be awarded a fire fighter award of some sort :D

has anyone performed a front facing rear quarter custom seating?

i want to design a drawer system that has a fold able seat.... folds to fill the space between the drawer system and second row seats.

a quick 3d of the overall idea

drawer.jpg
drawer1.jpg
drawer2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom