SOLD 1993 HZJ73 zx (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 70 Series
Mileage
Color
rgb(251, 251, 251)
Outside Link
https://houston.craigslist.org/cto/d/houston-1993-toyota-land-cruiser/7476709030.html
I'm slowly starting to sell my collection of Land cruisers in search of a 200 series and I'm willing to let this go for the right price. I'm asking $25,000 OBO. I bought it close to two years ago from Mud member Trawlander ( See old post SOLD - Houston, Tx, USA, 1993 HZJ73 ZX 5 Speed. - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/houston-tx-usa-1993-hzj73-zx-5-speed.1191607/ ) As you can see, in those two years I put a significant amount of mileage on it and it never skipped a beat. I did not add any mods since I bought it from the previous owner but I did remove all of the exterior stickers. The rear seats are now installed as well.

This is a HZJ73 in a ZX trim which included all the bells and whistles available for these utilitarian trucks. Radio, Power windows and locks, and factory air conditioning. FACTORY ELECTRONIC FRONT AND REAR LOCKERS. ELECTRONIC HUB LOCK

This example has the durable 1HZ 4.2 Diesel engine with H55F 5-speed gear box and dual range transfer case. It is built like a tank. If you think an 80 series land cruiser is reliable, think of this as twice so. I consistently get 18-19 miles per gallon combined.

I drive it regularly but it currently has 293,000 kilometers on the odometer.

I've kept it relatively factory except for the following modifications:

OME Heavy Duty lift from Cruiser Outfitters
ARB Bumper
KC 20inch LED Lightbar
Smittybilt X2O 10K Wireless Winch Gen2 with Fairlead
Method 701’s 16 inch
BFG KM3 33’s

Timing belt service was performed in Japan at 200,000 KM. I had the OEM alternator rebuilt at 265,000km. Other than that, I did the normal fluid changes and kept it clean.

The bad:

The biggest concern for this truck is the rear sliding window seals, they are starting to seep in heavy rain and will need to have the rubber replaced. There are two small rust holes forming on each of the rocker panel areas. The radio works intermittently and I imagine its because the ancient aftermarket head unit has just reached the end of its life. I'll be working on these issues over the next couple of months if it hasn't sold.

I'm willing to sell if I get my asking price, otherwise I'll hold on to it. I've traveled all over texas with this with zero issues. Easily the most reliable car I've ever owned. Clean texas title in hand. E-mail me if interested. Serious inquires only

Clean Texas Title in hand. No accidents reported and I don't see any evidence of one ever occurring.

tempImageBPBREJ.png

tempImage5kdLQg.png

tempImage5Wy7Ua.png

tempImage9005No.png

0ECB06F2-4A35-4D6C-A1F4-B34CBCFD3FDD.jpeg

Last edited:
Damn. What a perfect lil rig. GLWTS

Here are pictures with the carpet removed so you can see there is no rust on the floorboard. The stuff that you see is the glue residue from the factory insulation between the carpet and the floor.
IMG_1471.jpeg
IMG_1472.jpeg
IMG_1483.jpeg
IMG_1481.jpeg
IMG_1629.jpeg

You well most likely be hanging onto it at that price 🤷‍♂️

Yes I’m in the market, and have watch the 70 go up in price over the last 5 years.
I have also seen the ones priced like yours set for sale for a long time.
Plus you say it has rest coming through in both rocker Which means it most likely has other rust issues.
This is open forum and all I did is quote your own statement.
JMHO

I know what I have;)

Yes I’m in the market, and have watch the 70 go up in price over the last 5 years.
I have also seen the ones priced like yours set for sale for a long time.
Plus you say it has rest coming through in both rocker Which means it most likely has other rust issues.
This is open forum and all I did is quote your own statement.
JMHO

I know what I have;)
yup those are issues I was transparent about from the beginning. Thanks for pointing that out. If I wanted your opinion about my pricing I would have asked. To clarify I’m asking $39,000 but really, if someone offers a reasonably amount I’d likely take it. If no one comes close, I’ll hold on to
It. Not in a rush to sell

I wouldn't let my HZJ73 go for less that 50k...
I love it! If it weren't for all those damn people stopping me and asking about the rig.

…did i miss photos of the rockers complete from a low angle and the rust spots in close-up?

I wouldn't let my HZJ73 go for less that 50k...
I love it! If it weren't for all those damn people stopping me and asking about the rig.
I hope you plan on keeping it!!!

Looks like the previous owner attempted to spay paint the sliders or steps while still installed and got black spray paint on the bottom.
IMG_1719.jpeg

IMG_1722.jpeg

IMG_1724.jpeg

IMG_1723.jpeg

Bump. Currently just over 295,000km. Just did an oil change, replaced fuel filter and front brake pads using Toyota parts! Open to reasonable offers.

IMG_2011.jpeg

IMG_2012.jpeg

IMG_2005.jpeg

IMG_2013.jpeg

BUMP

Open to offers. Also selling a 94 LC and a 97 LX450

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom