1993 FZJ80 Noob questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1993 FZJ80
283k miles

Got a couple questions after studying up here in the FAQ section for the last few weeks.

After doing a good clean on the engine bay I confirmed my oil pump seal is leaking and possibly the front main seal. However there's this plug thing which might be a crank position sensor for later models with OBD2, I circled it in one of the pics. Can someone tell me what that is and if it's prone to leaking as well.

IMG_4681.JPG

IMG_4683.JPG

IMG_4684.JPG

IMG_4686.JPG

The other noob question I have is what's the easiest way to clean the underside of the truck? It's got thick oily dirt built up on lots of the components. I tried engine cleaner and a high pressure wash but it wouldn't cut it. Do I need to crawl under the truck and scrape it off then clean it with a solvent on a rag?

Still want to know how you all clean the underside of your FJs

To clean the bottom of your truck, I'd start by calling local diesel repair shops, and ask them if they offer engine steam cleaning. Ask them how much it would cost you to put your truck on a lift, and steam clean the bottom of the engine, and transmission. Just a guess, but I'd think this will cost you around 30 to 40 bucks, but It'll be alot easier then doing it yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom