1991 HZJ77 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

image.jpeg

View attachment 1538945 Did a little maintenance today. The oil change was a breeze and I have a new supplier for my oil filters. Not paying $50 for Toyota brand any longer. Thanks to Ward I now have Terrain Tamer filters.
Thanks, Mike!

Ya, the Terrain Tamer 6 cyl diesel oil filter is about half of that Toyota price. We have kits for most diesels and quite a few gassers.

upload_2017-9-17_18-8-55.png

upload_2017-9-17_18-12-13.png

The local Toyota stealership I bought 2 filters from them about 3 months apart and I was told on the second purchase the price was going up to $52.95. I let them know that would be the last one I buy.

image.jpeg
So I broke my sun visor and here in the south that's not a good thing to have happen. The local Toyota dealership would not really put forth any effort to find the correct part. They said that a 1991 cruiser sun visor could be ordered but it was $130 and if it does not fit I'm stuck with it.
While I was deployed we had ordered some parts for our cruisers from Parts Souq. Well I figured why not. I navigated their website and found my truck and placed the order. Well I got a notice the very next day that the parts were shipped. DHL delivered them Thursday evening. The local Toyota dealership said it would take 2 weeks to get the part from California.

View attachment 1547052 So I broke my sun visor and here in the south that's not a good thing to have happen. The local Toyota dealership would not really put forth any effort to find the correct part. They said that a 1991 cruiser sun visor could be ordered but it was $130 and if it does not fit I'm stuck with it.
While I was deployed we had ordered some parts for our cruisers from Parts Souq. Well I figured why not. I navigated their website and found my truck and placed the order. Well I got a notice the very next day that the parts were shipped. DHL delivered them Thursday evening. The local Toyota dealership said it would take 2 weeks to get the part from California.

Bummer. I have the correct RHD visors in stock in ivory.

View attachment 1547052 So I broke my sun visor and here in the south that's not a good thing to have happen. The local Toyota dealership would not really put forth any effort to find the correct part. They said that a 1991 cruiser sun visor could be ordered but it was $130 and if it does not fit I'm stuck with it.
Mike, I question your Southern heritage with the fact that you didn't use a piece of cardboard and duct tape to replace the broken sun visor. :)

Well guys I have not posted in awhile. Been busy with life and work. And now a new job.
Odd Iron has installed a new ARB rear bumper and a roof rack.
As much as I love this truck I have found something to replace it. Another 70, So I have listed my 77 for sale in the classified section.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom